The third paid expansion for The Division [official site], The Last Stand, has launched today alongside a big free content update for all players. Last Stand adds a new 8v8 point-capturing PvP mode (you’ll never guess what it’s named), while additions and changes in Update 1.6 include adding new areas to almost double the size of the Dark Zone. That’s not a bad pair of launches. Also out today is a demo, letting all and sundry play through the start of the shooty action-RPG. Not a bad trio!
Or, if you prefer your words written, here’s how Ubisoft explain it:
- SHD tech data relays loaded with operational information were left behind in the Dark Zone when the JTF was forced to withdraw. Rogues have targeted these data relays and are attempting to access what is inside. Engage in 8 versus 8 PvP combat and secure the data before the Rogues can.
- Fight to control three key tactical locations on one of 4 Dark Zone maps.
- In order to capture a tactical location, the team will need to control three objectives inside the location. Once the tactical location is secured, the team will begin scoring points.
- First team to reach the max score wins.
- To help propel their team to victory, players can activate powerful fortifications and SHD tech tactical boosts.
Last Stand comes in the £34.99/39,99€/$39.99 DLC season pass, or will be sold separately at the usual £11.99/14,99€/$14.99.
As for Update 1.6, it brings three new areas to the Dark Zone, adds fast travel between Dark Zone checkpoints, fixes bugs, tweaks balance, and plenty more. Hit the patch notes for everything on that.
And lastly, the demo. Ubisoft say:
“It will give players full access to the main game until they reach level 8 or complete six hours of playtime. All progress achieved during the free trial will be transferred over if they purchase the game.”
You can download that through Steam and the Uplay client.