N'Zoth Druid is a Hearthstone deck built around everyone's favourite long-game Old God N'Zoth, The Corruptor. The idea here is that you play through the match in a fairly controlling position, fielding and exploiting Deathrattle minions, before summoning a flood of those minions back onto the board with N'Zoth himself.
It's an archetype that's started popping up in the early games of the Frozen Throne meta, and it remains to be seen whether this is a deck that will fade from the ladder once the frenzy of experimentation is over. For that reason, the first version of this guide focuses on outlining a quality deck list, and an outline of the combos it contains.
If it takes off, we'll flesh out every section of this guide considerably, with deep Mulligan and match-up advice. In the meantime, have fun playing around with this exciting new deck!
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
N'Zoth Druid deck list and strategy
Here's a deck list created by Weghuz at the start of the Frozen Throne meta. It will likely change over time, so watch what you craft, eh?
|2 x Innervate||1 x Prince Taldaram|
|2 x Earthen Scales||1 x Arfus|
|2 x Wild Growth||1 x Cairne Bloodhoof|
|2 x Wrath||1 x The Black Knight|
|1 x Fandral Staghelm||2 x Primordial Drake|
|2 x Mire Keeper||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Swipe||1 x N'Zoth, the Corruptor|
|2 x Druid of the Claw|
|2 x Nourish|
|2 x Spreading Plague|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
|1 x Hadronox|
|1 x Ultimate Infestation|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICCqQD+AyuqwLgrAKHzgLCzgKZ0wKv0wKd4gK24gIKQF/+AbQFxAbkCL6uAvnAAsnHAqDNAgA=
Until this deck proves its worth in the emerging Frozen Throne meta, you'll find our strategy advice in the combos and tips section towards the bottom of this article. If this deck proves strong, we'll expand on this section significantly, with advice for handling specific match-ups and an in-depth overview of how this deck plays out.
More great Druid guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Embiggen Druid - Embiggen Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Treant Druid - Treant Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Druid - Quest Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
N'Zoth Druid Mulligan guide
N'Zoth Druid tips, combos and synergies
Here are all of the synergies contained in this particular version of N'Zoth Druid. This should give you just enough insight to start piloting the deck on the ladder yourself.
- When you play Innervate for zero Mana, you'll gain access to two extra Mana Crystals on the current turn. This allows you to field bigger minions before your opponent can.
- The earlier you can play Wild Growth the better, as it means you'll have access to the additional Mana for a longer section of the match. If you play this card on Turn 10, you'll receive Excess Mana, which is a zero cost spell that draws a card from your deck.
- Fandral Staghelm causes both 'Choose One' effects to be triggered on the following cards: Wrath, Mire Keeper, Druid of the Claw, Nourish and Malfurion the Pestilent.
- Spreading Plague will continue being cast for as long as your opponent has more minions than you do. You can then buff this “equal” board to gain a little advantage.
- When Hadronox dies - assuming it hasn't been transformed or silenced - your board will be filled with dead friendly Taunt minions.
- Prince Taldaram is the only three-cost minion in this deck, and so can be used to create a 3 / 3 copy of any minion you currently have out on the board.
- When N'Zoth the Corruptor is played, he'll fill your board with expired Deathrattle minions that were played - and killed - earlier on in the match.
At the end of each turn, The Lich King will put a randomly selected Death Knight card into your hand. See below for more details on these cards.
- When Arfus dies, you'll gain one of the following Death Knight cards - the selection is random:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|