Fallout 76 server status: maintenance schedule, patch notes, Is Fallout 76 offline?
Fallout 76 is now back up and there have been a bunch of big changes. So we figured we'd keep a log of when it is going down and the changes that were made. I've put together this page which will have any information regarding any planned maintenance days, along with all the times and dates in your area.
Fallout 76 server status guide
If Fallout 76 is indeed working at the time of reading, or indeed if it's not and you wish to put together your own list of things to do, take a look at our Fallout 76 guide hub for everything you need to know.
Maintenance schedule, when is Fallout 76 being taken offline?
Fallout 76 is now back online after the latest patch update on 29th January 2019. If you ever find that there's issues with the game and getting online, it's worth checking the official status page to see if the game is operational.
Patch notes for Fallout 76
29th January 2019
This patch had a lot of balance changes in addition to bug fixes. There's far too many to list here, which you can find here, but below are the highlights:
- Perk changes - Demolition Expert, White Knight, and Licensed Plumber have been updated to be less effective and more in line with the Power Patcher perk. You can see the most up-to-date stats in our Fallout 76 perk cards guide.
- Explosive legendary mod - Explosive legendary mod damage reduced from +100% to +20% of base weapon damage with explosive radius damage.
- Two Shot legendary effect - Damage reduced from +100% to +25% of base weapon damage.
- Flamers, Cryolators, Plasma Weapons, and Laser Weapons - No longer spawn with Two Shot legendary effect.
- Scrapping - Loose mods for weapons and armour can't be automatically scrapped, but can be scrapped manually.
- Turrets - Now indicates an "Owned" tag in bases.
- Carry Weight - Absolute limit of 1,500 pounds over the current maximum carry weight. You won't be able to exceed it. Stash size limits are still being tested.
- Cap Stashes - Have now been turned into containers to enable proper resetting.
- Vendors - Recipes and plans are no longer randomised. They're now based on player level and their costs have increased.
- PVP - A server-wide message appears when players join the Hunter/Hunted queue.
- Quests and Events - Several quests have been adjusted.
10th January 2019
Another big patch was released on 10th January 2019 for PC users and it introduces the following to the game, along with various bug fixes. There was notably nothing in the patch regarding the Stash Limit this time around, but this is still expected to come at a later date.
- Power Armor - The Power Armor light has been made brighter.
- Performance - Several improvements have been made to in-game performance.
- Stability - The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Charging Barrels mod - Increased the Gatling Laser’s damage bonus from the Charging Barrels mod.
- Glowing Ones - Glowing Ones will no longer grant erroneous large amounts of XP. DevNote: Glowing Ones were granting Large Boss XP rewards, making them highly exploitable when combined with Nuke Zones.
- Crafting - Lowered chance of Power Generators of spawning fusion cores. Set minimum component cost of workshop buildings requiring steel, wood or plastic to 2.
- Bobby Pins - Reduced the weight value of Bobby Pins from 0.1 to 0.001.
- Teams - Players now receive a notification that “Players cannot form teams from within Vault 76” if an Invite is sent to a friend still in Vault 76.
- PvP - Opening Player-owned, locked containers will now be considered a PVP action as expected.
19th November 2018
After a patch that came into effect on 19th November 2018, there seem to be a few smaller updates planned for the game. These include:
- Stash Limit Increase - They are aware that the limit on items stored in the stash boxes is a problem: "We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right."
- Push to Talk for PC - There are times where having voice communication on all the time or none of the time just won't do for Fallout 76 players. "After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks."
- Ultrawide Support - Some monitors are just that bit wider than the typical 16:9 widescreen format and the result can be very jarring indeed. This is apparently coming soon and they've seen it in testing. "It looks awesome."
- FOV Slider for PC - This one makes me happy on a personal level in that I can play Fallout 76 without having simulation sickness rear its ugly head, since it's rather difficult to modify a .ini file for an online game without getting banned for "hacking" the game. "We know this is a popular request for our PC players - look for an FOV slide soon."
Bethesda also went into some detail about the year ahead.
"We teased in our launch letter some of what’s to come next. In addition to constantly making fixes and changes, there will be new content and game systems that add to the life and experiences in Appalachia. We’ll see new Vaults opening, new ways to easily improve your C.A.M.P.s, ways to create, team-up, and faction-based PvP, and many more free add-ons we haven’t talked about yet. In addition, you will see articles each week that highlight new events, content, and features we’re excited to share. We look forward to growing Fallout 76 with you."
There was also a hotfix on later in the month which you can read the patch notes here, but on PC it's mainly stability fixes, the elimination of an item duplication exploit, and some fixes to weapons dealing high damage.
What that stuff will be, we'll have to wait and see, but in the meantime you can always go out and explore the huge amount of stuff already in Fallout 76, while at the same time going to our Fallout 76 guide hub as your faithful companion for everything you need to know.