This gun seems to be absolutely ridiculous. The CARV 2 tactical rifle is looking like it’ll dominate the Warzone meta until further notice, so we’ve put together a guide on how to unlock this thing ASAP. Here are all the requirements and best loadout to unlock the CARV 2 Tactical Rifle in Warzone and Cold War.
On this page:
How to unlock the CARV 2 in Warzone
The challenge you’ll need to complete in order to unlock the CARV 2 is: Using Tactical Rifles, rapidly kill 2 or more players in 10 different matches.
Playing Black Ops Cold War is by far the easiest way to complete this challenge. Ideally, you can get into the game and rattle out ten games nice and fast, but if you don't have it, Warzone is an option.
If you’re struggling, check out these tips to help you unlock the CARV 2 faster in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone:
- Like all Cold War gun unlocks, you have to stay in the match until the end. Even if you’re doing the challenge in Plunder, you need to finish the match or your notch won’t count.
- Play on a small map mode. Nuketown 24/7 is always a good shout since there are solid chokepoints where you can easily lock down. You only need one double kill so it’s pretty doable.
- You can still unlock the gun if you don’t own Cold War. Just jump into a game of Plunder in Warzone. Head over to Storage Town and try to find a squad of enemies. You need to kill them within a few seconds of each other, so this might take a lot of tries, but you keep respawning in so should get a bunch of attempts. Alternatively, land on the train - in Plunder this’ll often be a popular starting point.
- Play games of Team Deathmatch or Kill Confirmed since they take less time overall and you can get more games done faster.
- Make sure you actually get the ‘double kill’ medal. It’ll pop up in the upper-middle area of the screen after you get your kills.
How to unlock the CARV 2 in Zombies
There’s a specific requirement to unlock the CARV 2 in Zombies mode too. Here’s what you need to do to get the gun in Zombies: get 250 Longshot kills.
This one is actually quite easy to complete. You can either use a Shotgun which has a shorter longshot range than other guns, or head into Outbreak mode. This is my preferred method, since you can easily play a game of Outbreak and get 250 longshot kills either with a sniper or even an AR or LMG.
Unlocking it here will unlock it for the rest of the game modes too.
There’s also the option to purchase the gun with real-world money. The Plastik Prototype bundle costs 1200 COD Points, which translates to between £9 and £12, depending on which COD Point bundle you buy. The Plastik Prototype bundle has the Konsole blueprint for the CARV 2, as well as the Lazer Gun emblem, Brick charm, Launch Control sticker, and a Tier Skip for the Battle Pass.
Best loadout to unlock the CARV 2 tactical rifle
Here’s my favourite loadout to unlock the CARV 2 tactical rifle:
- Primary Weapon: AUG
- Secondary Weapon: Cigma 2
- Tactical: Stimshot
- Lethal: Semtex
- Field Upgrade: Field Mic
- Perk 1: Tactical Mask, Engineer
- Perk 2: Assassin, Tracker
- Perk 3: Ninja, Ghost
- Wildcard: Perk Greed
Your secondary weapon doesn’t matter that much but I like shooting down enemy killstreaks with the Cigma because it annoys them. Here are the attachments to use with your AUG while unlocking the CARV 2 to help you get those double kills:
- Optic: SUSAT Multizoom
- Muzzle: Agency Silencer
- Barrel: 18.2” Strike Team
- Underbarrel: Field Agent Foregrip
- Ammunition: 45 Rnd Drum
Take your pick though! There’s all sorts of Tactical Rifle builds you can go with, so go with your favourite one and pop a double XP token to maximise your levels if you need to.
There you go! How to get the extremely powerful CARV 2 tactical rifle in Warzone and Cold War! Why not go jump into a game and pair it with another new weapon? We can help you unlock the Ballistic Knife if you fancy. Or, how about trying a different type of gun with our best Warzone Sniper Rifles guide?