Want to learn how to master Bangalore and her abilities in Apex Legends? Bangalore is Apex Legends’ resident military specialist, and she’ll never give you a second to forget it. You can learn all about her abilities below, along with her origin and tonnes of useful, practical, and up-to-date tips and tricks to get the most out of this oppressive attacking focused Legend.
On this page:
- Apex Legends Bangalore abilities
- Bangalore tips and tricks
- Bangalore Passive tips: Double Time
- Bangalore Tactical tips: Smoke Launcher
- Bangalore Ultimate tips: Rolling Thunder
- Apex Legends Bangalore backstory
Apex Legends Bangalore abilities
Bangalore has access to three abilities: Double Time (Passive), Smoke Launcher (Tactical), and Rolling Thunder (Ultimate). All three make her a slippery customer who is hard to pin down and confirm a kill on. She is also an Offensive Legend alongside Octane, Wraith, Mirage, Revenant, Horizon and Fuse.
Each of Bangalore's abilities will be explained and discussed below. She has remained a consistent pick since the game launched, never too far away from the best Apex Legends characters. Her evasiveness is one of her defining traits, excelling in denying information and being able to create space between her and her opponents. However, her kit is versatile enough to allow you to spring surprise attacks as well.
Bangalore tips and tricks
Let's start by looking at the general strengths and weaknesses of Bangalore's kit. We'll go over the ability-specific tips and tricks below, but first here are some general tips and tidbits of advice to take into the Apex Games with Bangalore:
- Aggression is key. Bangalore's Passive and Tactical both give you an out if things go south, so you have even more reason than most to make the aggressive pushing plays that will finish off a fight quickly.
- Equip Bangalore with a Shotgun or SMG. To this end, it's best to equip her with an R-99, a Peacekeeper, or some other weapon that can quickly eliminate enemies at close range. The whole idea with Bangalore is to get up close and personal as quickly as possible.
- Don't be afraid to run. Bangalore actually has one of the best kits for getting away. Her Passive and Tactical make an elusive escape easy, and her Ultimate can create a ton of distance between her and an enemy. If you are looking to live and fight again another day if an unfavorable fight comes your way, Bangalore is one of the best.
- Use Smokes as often as possible. Bangalore's Smokes are one of the most versatile abilities in the entirety of Apex Legends. Use them while looting death boxes. Use them while reviving. Use them while attacking. Use them while defending. Use them for practice. Just use them.
- Communicate your intentions with your team. As Bangalore, you have the potential to completely change the pacing and makeup of an encounter with your Tactical and Ultimate abilities. But both abilities can also adversely affect your teammates, so make sure you communicate your intentions and actions with them, particularly during fights.
- Bangalore will help you learn about guns in the game. While this is increasingly annoying the longer you play, Bangalore is a good beginning option as she has a slightly bizarre passive. If you ping a gun, she will often add a bit of dialogue about how it is useful and at what range. However, you could also just check out our Apex Legends best guns tier list to get a deeper look into what is good right now.
Bangalore Passive tips: Double Time
Description: Taking Fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.
Bangalore's Passive is one of the most reliably useful Passive abilities of any character. A flat 30% speed boost when you are hit or when shots are fired nearby is tremendously powerful both for escaping danger and repositioning for a flank attack. There's not too much to talk about with this ability: it's just a really nice little thing to have on your side when danger comes calling.
Bangalore Passive tips:
- You don't have to be hit in order for Bangalore's Passive to activate. Shots passing close by will also activate the ability. So keep moving!
- Use Bangalore's Passive both defensively and aggressively. A movement speed boost is excellent in all situations in Apex Legends.
- You can take advantage of its reactionary nature by moving out into the open and baiting some fire from the enemy, just so your Passive procs and you gain the speed buff to help you with repositioning or pushing.
Bangalore Tactical tips: Smoke Launcher
Description: Fire a high-velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact. Cooldown: 33 seconds.
The first thing to realise with Bangalore's Tactical ability is that you have two charges with your Smoke Launcher - you can see next to your Tactical ability icon that there are two bars which indicate your current number of charges.
Each of these charges are expended and refilled independently, and with each use, you fire a grenade that explodes on impact into a large screen of smoke lasting around 20 seconds, which you cannot see through unless you are Bloodhound or you have a Digital Threat sight.
Bangalore Tactical tips:
- Digital Threat sights are an essential part of Bangalore's kit as they allow you to see through your own Smoke, so if a teammate finds one they should prioritise giving it to you.
- Similarly, you can combine Bangalore's Tactical with Bloodhound's Tactical or Ultimate to create a really bad day for the enemy team.
- Smoke explosions deal 10 damage if they hit an enemy.
- If you're still capable of fighting, it's often better to stick to the very edges of your Smoke rather than diving right in. You can look into the Smoke without your vision being entirely obscured, and you can escape easily into the Smoke if threatened.
- It's a good idea to fire your Smoke Launcher between the two teams instead of on yourself or the enemy. This will ensure that you aren't putting yourself or your teammates at a disadvantage due to the obscured vision, and it will ensure that both you and the enemy are receiving the same level of obfuscation.
- Use the Smoke Launcher to obfuscate where you are if you need to take a moment to try and heal yourself. It will give the enemy a general idea of where you are, but should make you hard to pin down.
Bangalore Ultimate tips: Rolling Thunder
Description: Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape. Cooldown: 3 minutes.
Bangalore's Ultimate ability allows her to throw a canister a considerable distance away from her. Where the canister lands, rockets will rain down in a zig-zag pattern across a large area, spreading out in the direction thrown. After 4 seconds, each rocket that has buried itself into the landscape will explode, stunning and dealing 40 damage to any enemy hit (or yourself).
Bangalore's Ultimate tips:
- Prioritise using Bangalore's Ultimate for defensive rather than offensive purposes. It is best used to retreat or reposition, or to slow the approach of an enemy team (particularly a third party).
- Don't ult your teammates without letting them know what you're doing. While teammates take no damage from the ability, the concussion effect is very nasty.
- If you want to use your ult offensively (to flush out an enemy team while pushing) then use it at the very beginning of the fight, because otherwise the missiles will land too late to be effective.
- The rockets will begin at the canister's position and then spread forwards. So be sure to place your canister between your team and the enemy team rather than right on top of the enemy, otherwise they'll be able to easily escape the AoE by pushing towards you.
- To be exact, The missiles cover a 6 meter sqaure and rolls out up to 70 metres ahead of the flare.
Apex Legends Bangalore backstory
In a game full to the brim with complex backstories and motivations behind its characters, Bangalore is one of the game's most straightforward personas. What you see is largely what you get.
Anita Williams was born into a military family, and followed that path with her and her four brothers all serving in the IMC. She excelled as a model soldier her whole life, coming top of her class at military school. To demonstrate her mastery, she is the only cadet who can take apart a Peacekeeper, equip it with a precision choke hop-up and put it back together in under twenty seconds – blindfolded. When it comes to combat and military hardware, Bangalore is as good as it gets.
However, her story isn't without tragedy. While onboard the the ship IMS Hestia with her brother Jackson, they were attacked by unknown assailants. A bomb nearly killed Bangalore, but Jackson gave his life to save hers, his body sucked into space for his sacrifice. She now fights in the Apex Games in hopes of earning enough money to return home to her remaining family.
That's everything you need to know to start using Bangalore in Apex Legends. While her brash personality may not be for everyone, she is a versatile and consistent Legend. Both a great elusive runner and lethal initiator, she is also defined by her flexibility. If you're wondering how best to kit her out, be sure to take a look at our best Apex Legends loadouts guide.