Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord does allow you to develop settlements into money making machines, but in order to get the most gold flowing through your town, you need to ensure that you have the right infrastructure in place. Setting up workshops is key to doing this and there are some workshops that are better for your specific towns than others.
Our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord workshop guide will go into detail on which workshops are the best workshops for each town, how to set up workshops and which resources are the best for your town.
- Best workshops in Bannerlord for each town
- What are workshops in Bannerlord?
- Bannerlord guide series
Over on Reddit, "Droblue" has compiled a list of the best workshops to construct for your towns. I've created a similar version of "Droblue's" table with some alterations and corrections based on my own findings.
The best way to navigate this table is to use the search function on the top right of the table and to enter a town's name. You'll find the resource that the town produces the most of, the workshop you need to construct to take advantage of this, and how many villages feed the resource into the town.
|Town||Common Resources||Best Workshops||Number of input villages|
|Akkalat||Wool||Wool Weavery||2 villages|
|Amprela||Cotton||Velvet Weavery||2 villages|
|Argoron||Hardwood||Wood workshop||1 village|
|Balgard||Flax||Linen Weavery||2 villages|
|Baltakhand||Wool||Wool Weavery||3 villages|
|Car Banseth||Hardwood||Wood Workshop||2 villages|
|Chaikand||Grain Silver||Brewery Silversmith||2 villages (grain) 1 village (silver)|
|Charas||Olives||Olive Press||2 villages|
|Danustica||Clay||Pottery Shop||2 villages|
|Epicrotea||Iron Ore||Smithy||2 villages|
|Galen||Olives||Olive Press||2 villages|
|Hubyar||Flax Olives||Linen Weavery Olive Press||1 village per resource|
|Husn Fulq||Grain Clay||Brewery Pottery||1 village per resource|
|Iyakis||Grain Olives||Brewery Olive Press||1 village per resource|
|Jaculan||Olives||Olive Press||3 villages|
|Lageta||Olives Iron Ore Grain Hardwood||Olive Press Smithy Brewery Wood Workshop||1 village per resource|
|Lycaron||Wool||Wool Weavery||1 village|
|Makeb||Hardwood Iron Ore||Wood workshop Smithy||1 village per resource|
|Marunath||Grain Iron Ore||Brewery Smithy||1 village per resource|
|Myzea||Cotton||Velvet Weavery||2 villages|
|Ocs Hall||Grain||Brewery||2 villages|
|Odok||Clay||Pottery Shop||2 villages|
|Ortongard||Hardwood||Wood workshop||1 village|
|Ortysia||Olives||Olive Press||1 village|
|Ostican||Olives||Olive Press||1 village per resource|
|Pen Cannoc||Grapes||Winery||2 villages|
|Poros||Wool||Wool Weavery||2 villages|
|Pravend||Olives||Olive Press||2 villages|
|Quyaz||Flax Olives||Linen Weavery Olive Press||1 village per resource|
|Revyl||Flax||Linen Weavery||1 village|
|Rovalt||Iron Ore||Smithy||1 village|
|Seonon||Hardwood||Wood Workshop||2 villages|
|Syronea||Olives||Olive Press||1 village|
|Tyal||Wool||Wool Weavery||2 villages|
|Vanovapool||Iron Ore||Smithy||1 village|
|Varcheg||Flax||Linen Weavery||1 village|
Each town can produce certain resources better than others depending on the villages that are linked to that settlement. To take advantage of these resources, you can construct workshops to refine them into more valuable goods.You can learn more about settlements, and how to get your own in our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord settlements guide.
If you need to make a new workshop, wander into the town and head to the market areas. You'll eventually find an NPC labelled as a "shop owner". You can buy the shop from them and assign it to be one of several types.
Once you have developed some workshops, go into the trade menu in the settlement to see what is being produced. Here is a list of what each raw ingredient can be turned into:
- Grain: Brewery ⇒ Beer
- Grapes: Wine press ⇒ Wine
- Olives: Olive press ⇒ Oil
- Cotton: Velvet weavery ⇒ Velvet clothing
- Flax: Linen weavery ⇒ Clothing
- Wool: Wool weavery ⇒ Clothing
- Clay: Pottery shop ⇒ Pottery
- Rawhide: Tannery ⇒ Light armour/Leather
- Hardwood: Wood Workshop ⇒ Bows/Arrows/Shields
- Iron Ore: Smithy ⇒ Weapons/Armour/Tools
- Silver: Silversmith ⇒ Jewellery
The idea is that there are certain villages that increase the production of resources in that town quicker than other resources. So if your villages specialise in producing grain for example, you should prioritise creating a brewery in that town to maximise its production of beer.
Whatever you produce a lot of can be traded between towns with caravans, and more information about trade can be found in our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord trade guide.
Thank you for reading our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord workshop guide. You should now be producing a lot more resources to sell to other towns and make a fortune. There are plenty more guides for the game, including details for character creation, how sieges work, and how to complete some bothersome quests. Here are some guides to get you started:
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord guide: A list of tips and tricks to get started in Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord skills: A full list of skills and tips to build your character.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord PC requirements: Get the best performance out of Mount And Blade 2.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord bugs: Some tips to get Mount And Blade 2 to work properly and a list of known major issues.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord console: How to enable cheat mode and all the console commands.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord companions: Learn how to recruit companions to your army.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord trade: Make lots of gold quickly through trading and caravans.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord smithing: How to forge weapons.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord quests: All the solutions to every quest in the game discovered so far.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord conspiracy: Everything we know about this bothersome quest.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord troops: How to recruit troops and organise them in battle.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord prisoners: Learn a quick way to make some money and recruit experienced soldiers.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord settlements: How to take over towns, manage them, and defend them.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord combat: Learn how best to fight with each weapon type and on horseback.
- Bannerlord marriage: How to get married and raise heirs to continue your conquest.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord siege: Learn how to conduct a siege against enemy settlements.
- Best Bannerlord mods: Discover the best mods in Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord.