Upon first entering Persona 5 Strikers’ Kyoto jail, your gang will be captured and imprisoned. Oops. Thankfully, a resourceful Zenkichi is here to help out, along with Futaba. Unfortunately, neither of these two can actually fight, so you have to do a stealth mission with Zenkichi to get to your teammates. Not to worry though, here’s a walkthrough of how to complete Zenkichi’s stealth mission in Persona 5 Strikers.
How to complete Zenkichi’s stealth mission
It’s a pretty daunting task, particularly since Zenkichi runs around like a large toddler rather than the swift movement you’re used to in your Phantom Thieves. It’s alright though - once you know the route, Zenkichi’s stealth mission is easy peasy. Just follow these steps:
- Reach the exclamation mark and head to the first cover point
- Look right and hide behind the lamp
- Go around the right hand side of the shrine where there’s only one guard
- When that guard turns around, move between the lamps as cover until you can climb the stairs
- Go onto the left-hand path at the top of the stairs (where there isn’t a giant gatling gun-toting enemy)
- When the guard looks away, use the four pillars to sneak past him. The guard’s field of view is pretty large, so don’t get greedy. Wait until you know you can get to the next cover point before moving
- Wait for the guard at the bottom of the stairs to move away and run past him
- Congrats! You’re all done!
Remember, no matter whether you’re directly in front of their face or not, enemies can’t see you when you’re in cover. Use this to your advantage and escape capture by waiting for guards to turn around before exiting cover, as Zenkichi can’t defend himself and will literally die if you’re spotted a single time.
I can’t stress enough how painfully slow Zenkichi is, so make sure you have a lot of leeway as you move between cover points. Don’t worry though, after this mission he really goes all out in trying to convince his daughter he isn’t a deadbeat, and in doing so might just gain some level of fighting prowess.
Now it’s up to you to get all the way through the Kyoto jail. We’ve put together some tips for that if you fancy, such as how to find the Father and Mother Fox statues in Kyoto. We also have tips on making the most of your BOND points, so check that out if you haven’t already.