Outriders and its playerbase is suffering from more than a few server issues, glitches, and other irritations - not least of which is the infamous "no HUD" bug which is confusing a great many new players.
If your HUD or crosshair is missing on Outriders PC, don't fret. This guide will show you how to fix the Outriders no HUD bug and return your UI so you can shoot straight once more.
Outriders No HUD bug: how to fix your missing HUD
If you're making your way through the Outriders prologue and you've noticed that there isn't much of a HUD to speak of, you're not alone. There is currently a bug in Outriders which can cause your HUD to disappear completely, and it's busy plaguing new players.
If you've got this HUD bug, then you'll quite quickly notice that there's no radar in the top-left, no ammo count in the bottom right, no interact prompt when you're near something that needs doing or someone who needs talking to. You'll even see no crosshair in the centre of your screen while in combat areas. Luckily, there's a simple fix to make your missing HUD reappear.
Best Outriders Devastator build | Best Outriders Pyromancer build | Best Outriders Technomancer build | Best Outriders Trickster build | Outriders World Tier farming | Outriders story missions & side quests list | Outriders max level
To fix the no HUD bug in Outriders on PC, here's what to do:
- Hit ESC and click Options, and then click the HUD tab at the top.
- Set every option in this menu to "Off" by clicking it once. At the bottom of the list, set Player Panel Mode and Enemy Health Bar Mode to "Hide". Leave the HUD Scale Value as it is.
- Now hit ESC to return to the main game menu, and then go back into the HUD options and set everything back on again.
- Now hit ESC to return once again to the main game menu, and select "Return To Lobby".
- Once you're in the main menu, select "Continue Game" to hop back into your game.
After completing each of the above steps in order you should find that your HUD is no longer missing. It's a rather annoying bug and it's irritating to have to do this whenever it happens, but it's better than if there were absolutely no fix, I suppose. It'll tide us over until the devs release a proper fix for the no HUD issue.
That's all you need to know in order to fix that pesky missing HUD and crosshair bug in Outriders on PC. While you're here, why not check out our pages on how to interrupt in Outriders, and how to use Auto Loot?