Want to learn how to create the best Eula build in Genshin Impact? While Cryo Claymore user Eula isn’t the most loved by her fellow Mondstadt citizens thanks to her family’s tyrannical history, you’re sure to love her if you have her on your team. Eula has an all-around solid moveset, making her a stellar main DPS.
This guide will show you how to create the best Eula build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Eula, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
How to build Eula as your main DPS in Genshin Impact
Below we've put together our recommended set-up to kit out Eula as your party's main DPS fighter.
Best weapon: Song of Broken Pines
Alternatives: Skyward Pride, Snow-Tombed Starsilver, Sacrificial Greatsword
Eula’s signature weapon, Song of Broken Pines, is a great pick for Eula as it offers a massive base ATK stat and includes extra physical damage buffs. The versatile Skyward Pride is also a great 5-star option thanks to its added Energy Recharge buff.
The 4-star Snow-Tombed Starsilver and Sacrificial Greatsword are also excellent options for Eula. Snow-Tombed Starsilver has a chance to drop an Everfrost Icicle when Charged Attacks are used, meaning you’ll be dealing bonus Cryo DMG on occasion. Sacrificial Greatsword is a great 4-star version of Skyward Pride, as it comes with a 40% chance of ending Eula’s Elemental Skill cooldown period after use.
Best artifacts: Pale Flame
- 2-piece bonus: Physical DMG +25%
- 4-piece bonus: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, attack is increased by 9% for 7s. This effect stacks up to 2 times and can be triggered once every 0.3s. Once 2 stacks are reached, the 2-set effect is increased by 100%.
Alternatives: Bloodstained Chivalry, Gladiator's Finale
Once you’ve got Eula outfitted with the perfect weapon, you’ll also need to find the right artifacts. Since Eula’s Normal Attacks and Elemental Skill are both solid, shoot for a 4-piece Pale Flame set. This nifty set boosts physical damage and also provides an ATK boost after an Elemental Skill hits an opponent. Bloodstained Chivalry and Gladiator’s Finale are also great backup options, as these boost physical damage and ATK respectively.
When picking out which stats and substats to prioritize, look for the following:
- Circlet of Logos: CRIT DMG or CRIT Rate
- Sands of Eon: ATK%
- Goblet of Eonothem: Physical DMG Bonus
- Substats: ATK%, CRIT DMG/Rate, and Energy Recharge
Talent priority: Glacial Illumination (Elemental Burst)
Eula’s talent priority really depends on what you’re planning on using her for. If you’re planning on mainly bringing her to boss fights, her Elemental Burst should take top priority (with her Normal Attack trailing closely behind). On the other hand, if you’ll mainly be using Eula to take down small enemies like Hilichurls, her Normal Attack should be your priority. In either case, prioritize her Elemental Skill last.
Here’s everything Eula has up her sleeve:
- Normal Attack - Perform up to 5 consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack - Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous slashes. At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack - Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Elemental Skill: Icetide Vortex - Sharp frost, swift blade. Press: Slashes swiftly, dealing Cryo DMG. When it hits an opponent, Eula gains a stack of Grimheart that stacks up to two times. These stats can only be gained once every 0.3s. Grimheart: Increases Eula's resistance to interruption and DEF. Hold: Wielding her sword, Eula consumes all the stacks of Grimheart and lashes forward, dealing AoE Cryo DMG to opponents in front of her. If Grimheart stacks are consumed, surrounding opponents will have their Physical RES and Cryo RES decreased. Each consumed stack of Grimheart will be converted into an Icewhirl Brand that deals Cryo DMG to nearby opponents.
- Elemental Burst: Glacial Illumination - Brandishes her greatsword, dealing Cryo DMG to nearby opponents and creating a Lightfall Sword that follows her around for a duration of up to 7s. While present, the Lightfall Sword increases Eula's resistance to interruption. When Eula's own Normal Attack, Elemental Skill, and Elemental Burst deal DMG to opponents, they will charge the Lightfall Sword, which can gain an energy stack once every 0.1s. Once its duration ends, the Lightfall Sword will descend and explode violently, dealing Physical DMG to nearby opponents. This DMG scales on the number of energy stacks the Lightfall Sword has accumulated. If Eula leaves the field, the Lightfall Sword will immediately explode.
- Passive Talent 1 - If 2 stacks of Grimheart are consumed upon unleashing the Holding Mode of Icetide Vortex, a Shattered Lightfall Sword will be created that will explode immediately, dealing 50% of the basic Physical DMG dealt by a Lightfall Sword created by Glacial Illumination.
- Passive Talent 2 - When Glacial Illumination is cast, the CD of Icetide Vortex is reset and Eula gains 1 stack of Grimheart.
- Passive Talent 3 - When Eula crafts Character Talent Materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
- Main DPS: Eula
- Support DPS: Beidou
- Healer support: Bennett
- Shield support: Diona
5* alternative: Zhongli replacing Diona on shield support
Eula's impressive Elemental Burst damage is offset by a long cooldown time, so pair her with a strong support DPS. Beidou can happily chip away at enemies with her claymore while Eula's Elemental Burst refills, and combining their Cryo and Electro powers on an enemy results in the extremely powerful Superconduct reaction, which catches nearby enemies in a storm of AoE Cryo damage and renders them more vulnerable to physical attacks.
Bennett and Diona make for a great support pairing, since both are valuable as healers. In this case we recommend setting up Bennett with the best healing artifacts and letting Diona take on shield support, but this composition also works with Diona as healer and Bennett as tertiary DPS if you prefer.
If you're lucky enough to have Zhongli among your rare 5* party members, his shield is one of the best in the game, so it's worth switching out Diona for him in this role.
How to level up Eula in Genshin Impact
To fully ascend Eula, you'll need the following materials:
|1||1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 3 Dandelion Seeds, 3 Damaged Masks, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Shivada Jade Fragments, 2 Crystalline Blooms, 10 Dandelion Seeds, 15 Damaged Masks, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Shivada Jade Fragments, 4 Crystalline Blooms, 20 Dandelion Seeds, 12 Stained Masks, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Shivada Jade Chunks, 8 Crystalline Blooms, 30 Dandelion Seeds, 18 Stained Masks, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Shivada Jade Chunks, 12 Crystalline Blooms, 45 Dandelion Seeds, 12 Ominous Masks, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 20 Crystalline Blooms, 60 Dandelion Seeds, 24 Ominous Masks, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 9 Shivada Jade Fragments, 9 Shivada Jade Chunks, 6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 46 Crystalline Blooms, 168 Dandelion Seeds, 18 Damaged Masks, 30 Stained Masks, 36 Ominous Masks, and 420,000 Mora|
Your best bet for farming Eula’s ascension materials is heading to the Cryo Hypostasis, which drops both Shivada Jade and Crystalline Bloom. Aside from that, you’ll only need to hunt down some Dandelion Seeds throughout Mondstadt and some Hilichurls for their Masks.
To fully level Eula’s talents, you’ll need the following materials:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Damaged Masks, 3 Teachings of Resistance, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Stained Masks, 2 Guides to Resistance, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Stained Masks, 4 Guides to Resistance, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Stained Masks, 6 Guides to Resistance, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Stained Masks, 9 Guides to Resistance, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Ominous Masks, 4 Philosophies of Resistance, 1 Dragon Lord's Crown, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Ominous Masks, 6 Philosophies of Resistance, 1 Dragon Lord's Crown, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Ominous Masks, 12 Philosophies of Resistance, 2 Dragon Lord's Crown, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Ominous Masks, 16 Philosophies of Resistance, 2 Dragon Lord's Crown, 1 Crown of Insight, and 700,000 Mora|
|Total||3 Teachings of Resistance, 21 Guides to Resistance, 38 Philosophies of Resistance, 6 Damaged Masks, 22 Stained Masks, 31 Ominous Masks, 6 Dragon Lord’s Crowns, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
To triple crown Eula by fully levelling up all three of her talents, you'll need to collect all of these materials three times over. Aside from killing Hilichurls for Masks, farming for Eula’s talents is a bit tricky. You’ll be able to pick up the Resistance books on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays through the Forsaken Rift Domain. The Dragon Lord’s Crown can be obtained by defeating Lord of Vishaps Azhdaha in Liyue. And if you’re looking to go the extra mile and crown all of Eula’s talents, you can get Crowns of Insight from limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and the Sacred Sakura.
Eula is strong without Constellations, though if you’re looking to fully max out every aspect of your Eula build, she’s predictably strongest at Constellation 6. Looking for a more attainable Constellation to strive for? Constellation 1 and 2 are also great goals as they buff Eula’s Elemental Skill, which tends to be her weakest. Here’s what all of Eula’s Constellations have to offer:
- Constellation Lv. 1: Tidal Illusion - Every time Icetide Vortex's Grimheart stacks are consumed, Eula's Physical DMG is increased by 30% for 6s. Each stack consumed will increase the duration of this effect by 6s up to a maximum of 18s.
- Constellation Lv. 2: Lady of Seafoam - Decreases the CD of Icetide Vortex's Holding Mode, rendering it identical to Tapping CD.
- Constellation Lv. 3: Lawrence Pedigree - Increases the Level of Glacial Illumination by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Constellation Lv. 4: The Obstinacy of One’s Inferiors - Lightfall Swords deal 25% increased DMG against opponents with less than 50% HP.
- Constellation Lv. 5: Chivalric Quality - Increases the Level of Icetide Vortex by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Constellation Lv. 6: Noble Obligation - Lightfall Swords created by Glacial Illumination start with 5 stacks of energy. Normal Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts have a 50% chance to grant the Lightfall Sword an additional stack of energy.
How to get Eula in Genshin Impact
Eula is a limited character, meaning you’ll only be able to wish for her at certain times. Her banner Born of Ocean Swell last had a re-run in November/December 2021, so it might be a while before she's available again. However, none of Genshin Impact's heroes have ever been officially retired, and limited characters like Eula have so far recurred once or twice a year; so if you missed her so far, you'll likely have at least one chance to nab her again in 2022.
If you’re looking to get some wishes in for next time Eula's banner rolls around, check out our guide on getting characters to learn the best ways to prep, or our codes list to get some free Primogems!
That’s all the info we’ve got on Eula! Why not check out our character tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?