Call of Duty Cold War’s Zombies mode has a new map: Firebase Z. Set in Vietnam, you’re tasked with taking on hordes of zombies between a village and a military base. Without turning the power and Pack-A-Punching your weapons though, you won’t get far. So, here’s how to turn the power on, Pack-A-Punch, and get perks in Cold War Zombies’ Firebase Z.
How to turn the power on in Firebase Z
Without turning on the power, you won’t be able to access almost all of the best gear in Firebase Z, including Der Wunderfizz and the Arsenal, as well as the obvious: the Pack-A-Punch machine.
Not to worry though! Here’s a nice, easy, step-by-step guide to turning on the power in Firebase Z:
- First, talk to Ravenov in the main room. You’ll see the Pack-A-Punch machine sitting right here, so keep this in mind for later.
- When you have enough points, head across the road and open the gate to the building.
- Head upstairs and jump into the teleporter on the roof.
- You’ll find yourself in a courtyard with three big gates. You can tackle these in whichever order you want, but we’ll go from left to right here.
- Pass through the left hand gate for 1250 points and turn right. Go up the stairs and into the next gate for 1500 points.
- Go into the Aether Reactor room and activate the reactor in the centre to turn on local power. This’ll cost you 500 points.
- Kill zombies and protect the collection units to get the power turned on in the area - you’ll have a bar showing your progress on the left hand side of the screen. When it’s fully charged, it’ll let out a pulse of electricity, damaging nearby zombies. Stamin-Up will also be available in this room.
- Head back to the helipad (where the teleporter is), and this time take the middle gate. Go through here, turn right, and climb the stairs to get to the next reactor - the Data Center.
- Repeat the process of turning on and protecting the collection units. Note that getting kills with a nuke will progress the charge meters, so feel free to pick them up. Speed Cola can be found upstairs in the corner of this room once the local power is on.
- Finally, go through the right hand gate and turn right, opening the blue door. Repeat the process, and you’ll be able to purchase Jugger-Nog in the Command Control Room next door - an essential perk.
Congrats! The power is now on and ready to rumble. Once the power has been switched on, you can now go into the next room and use Der Wunderfizz, which allows you to buy all the perks in the map without going and getting them manually, as well as use the Arsenal in the room after. This lets you upgrade and replenish your armour, as well as beef up your weapon’s rarity - as important as Pack-A-Punch in later rounds.
How to Pack-A-Punch in Firebase Z
To Pack-A-Punch, it’s not that much more effort. You’ve already turned the power on, which leads you to all manner of extra goodies and the ability to buy perks, but here’s how to Pack-A-Punch:
- After turning all three local power supplies, head back to the helipad.
- Go through the teleporter again.
- Jump down from the roof.
- Go to the Pack-A-Punch machine, sitting where Ravenov is.
- Get your fancy upgraded weapons.
Pack-A-Punch is essential to your survival past the first dozen or so rounds of zombies - weapons really start to lag behind without it. It costs 5000 points for the first huge upgrade, and 15,000 and 30,000 for the next ones. These should be a priority, as taking down Mimics and Manglers in as few shots as possible is integral to survival.
The Pack-A-Punch machine in Firebase Z is also the place where you can purchase ammo mods - Brain Rot is my favourite because along with the extra toxic damage, zombies will occasionally go and fight for your side. It’s always nice.
That's all for our power and Pack-A-Punch guide for Firebase Z! Now you're an expert on Firebase Z, why not have a go on another map, with our power and Pack-A-Punch Die Maschine guide, or take a look at how Prestige and progression works in this Black Ops game.