Want to master the Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck in Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel? One of the best meta decks in Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel is Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc, a deck that utilizes cards from both archetypes to overpower your opponent through special summons. If you’ve spent any time in the game’s online duel mode, you’ve likely faced more than a few opponents using this deck on their quest for victory.
Below, we have an in-depth introduction to the Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck in Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel, including a sample deck profile and core strategies to master. Here we will also introduce you to a few in-depth strategies that you can use with this deck to start your journey. Consider both these basic strategies and your opponent’s deck and cards in order to decide which move is best against any given opponent.
Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel: Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck profile
Here is our recommended Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck profile. The deck consists of a total of 42 Main Deck cards and 15 Extra Deck monsters:
- 3x Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow
- 3x Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler
- 3x Lyrilusc - Beryl Canary
- 2x Lyrilusc - Sapphire Swallow
- 2x Lyrilusc - Celestine Wagtail
- 3x Tri-Brigade Nervall
- 3x Tri-Brigade Fraktall
- 1x Tri-Brigade Kerass
- 1x Tri-Brigade Kitt
- 1x Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds
- 3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
- 2x Maxx “C”
- 1x Mist Valley Apex Avian
- 1x One for One
- 1x Lightning Storm
- 1x Divine Wind of Mist Valley
- 2x Pot of Desires
- 3x Lyrilusc - Bird Call
- 2x Fire Formation - Tenki
- 2x Called by the Grave
- 2x Infinite Impermanence
- 2x Lyrilusc - Recital Starling
- 1x Lyrilusc - Assembled Nightingale
- 1x Lyrilusc - Ensemblue Robin
- 1x Number F0: Utopic Future
- 1x Number F0: Utopic Draco Future
- 1x Downerd Magician
- 1x Divine Arsenal AA-Zeus - Sky Thunder
- 1x Salamangreat Almiraj
- 1x Ancient Warriors Oath - Double Dragon Lords
- 1x Tri-Brigade Ferrijit the Barren Blossom
- 1x Tri-Brigade Rugal the Silver Sheller
- 1x Tri-Brigade Shuraig the Ominous Omen
- 1x Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty
- 1x Accesscode Talker
The Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck consists of a primarily-Lyrilusc core, with Tri-Brigade monsters being used in complement with the effects of these cards. This is one of the more budget decks to make, thanks to many of the Lyrilusc and Tri-Brigade Main Deck cards being of N, R and SR rarity only. But there are still a number of UR staple and Extra Deck cards here. Many of the Tri-Brigade and Lyrilusc cards can be found in the Echo Chamber Nation and Moonlight Avian Dance secret packs.
To create a more budget version of this deck, consider replacing negation cards like Infinite Impermanence with Forbidden Chalice. You could also include cards earned in Solo mode, like Raigeki. One copy of Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring can be claimed from the in-game shop for 750 gems with 10 free packs of Master Pack, although you will have to craft or pull further copies.
Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc combos
The Core Combo
The core combo for this deck requires Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler and Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow. With both of these cards in your hand, execute the following:
- Activate Turquoise Warbler’s effect to Special Summon this card to the field if you control no monsters.
- This will allow you to Special Summon Cobalt Sparrow, whose effect will allow you to add a Tri-Brigade Nervall.
- Use these two monsters on your field to XYZ Summon Lyrilusc - Recital Starling on the far side of the field from where you plan to Link Summon.
- Activate the effect of Recital Starling to add Lyrilusc - Sapphire Swallow To your hand, which can then be special summoned by controlling another Winged-Beast alongside Tri-Brigade Nervall.
- Summon a second Recital Starling, but do not activate Swallow’s optional effect.
- Detach Swallow from this card to add Lyrilusc - Celestine Wagtail from your deck to your hand.
- Overlay both Recital Starlings to summon Number F0: Utopic Future.
- Activate Nervall’s effect at this time to add Tri-Brigade - Fraktall from your deck to your hand, then summon Number F0: Utopic Draco Future on top of Utopic Future.
- Normal summon Fraktall and use its effect to banish two monsters from your graveyard in order to Special Summon Tri-Brigade Ferrijit the Barren Blossom.
- Activate Ferrijit’s effect to Special Summon Celestine Wagtail, which will allow you to add Lyrilusc - Bird Call from your deck to your hand.
- Activate Bird Call in order to add Lyrilusc - Beryl Canary from your deck to your hand. Do not activate the effect of Beryl Canary at this time. This card’s effect should primarily be activated towards the end of your turn, due to the stipulation that you can’t Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn except for XYZ monsters following its activation. Activating it too early can end the combo and potentially cost you the duel.
- Link Summon Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty at this time using Ferrijit and Celestine Wagtail.
- Now, since you won’t need to Link Summon for the remainder of the turn, you can activate the effect of Beryl Canary to summon it to the field alongside Sapphire Swallow.
- XYZ Summon Lyrilusc - Ensemblue Robin in a zone that Simorgh is pointing towards, then activate Swallow’s effect to attach another material to the card. Celestine Wagtail can then also attach itself if it is in the graveyard, further strengthening Ensemblue Robin.
- In the end phase of this turn, you can activate Simorgh’s effect to special summon Mist Valley Apex Avian from the deck to the field. This offers additional activation to your field beyond what’s offered elsewhere on the field through cards like Simorgh.
Utilizing Tri-Brigade Fraktall most effectively
Key to victory with this deck is Tri-Brigade Fraktall, with its ability to synergize and bring out Lyrilusc monsters, and assist in summoning Link Monsters. For example, if you open with Tri-Brigade Fraktall and either Lyrilusc - Bird Call or Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler, you can bring out a powerful board using this deck regardless of whether you go first or second. To do so, execute the following:
- Activate the effect of Fraktall to send itself from your hand to the graveyard in order to send Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow from your deck to the graveyard.
- Activate Bird Call to add Turquoise Warbler to hand. However, this is unnecessary if you already have Warbler in your hand. While it is possible to summon a different Lyrilusc card using Bird Call, in this scenario it is preferable to keep your board empty at this time.
- Activate Warbler’s effect to Special Summon from the hand if you control no monsters.
- Activate Sparrow’s effect to add Tri-Brigade Nervall to your hand.
- XYZ summon Lyrilusc - Recital Starling on the far side of the field you do not plan to Link Summon.
- Detach either material from Recital Starling to add Lyrilusc - Sapphire Swallow to your hand.
- Activate Swallow’s ability to summon both itself and Tri-Brigade Nervall to the field.
- From here, activate Nervall’s effect to banish Fraktall and Warbler in order to summon Tri-Brigade Ferrijit the Barren Blossom from your Extra Deck.
- XYZ summon a second Recital Starling using Nervall and Swallow, before activating this monster’s effect to add Lyrilusc - Beryl Canary to your hand.
- Summon Number F0: Utopic Future using both of your Recital Starlings.
- With the materials from these cards sent to the graveyard in the summoning process, activate Nervall’s ability to add another copy of Tri-Brigade Fraktall to hand.
- Summon Number F0: Utopic Draco Future on top of your Utopic Future.
- Activate Ferrijit’s effect in order to special summon any bird from your hand (which includes the Beryl Canary or Celestine Wagtail added earlier).
- Link summon these two monsters to Link Summon Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty.
- Normal Summon Fraktall and activate its effect to banish two cards from your graveyard so you can summon Ancient Warriors Oath - Double Dragon Lords (avoid banishing Lyrilusc cards if possible).
- If possible, special summon another Beryl Canary from your hand by targeting one Lyrilusc in your graveyard in order to summon both Beryl Canary and the targeted card to the field.
- Use these materials to summon Lyrilusc - Ensemblue Robin. If XYZ summoned using Sapphire Swallow as material, this card can become more powerful by activating that card’s effect to attach a Lyrilusc monster as XYZ material from your graveyard.
- In the End Phase, Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty’s effect will activate, allowing you to Special Summon Mist Valley Apex Avian to the field.
This field specializes in both strength-in-numbers and negation, thanks to the abilities of Simorgh, Apex Avian, Utopic Draco Future and Ancient Warriors Oath. Much of this combo resembles the core combo while resulting in an even more powerful and difficult-to-overcome field, thanks to the high number of negation effects on the fiel that can prevent your opponent from getting their own combos underway.
While these are the most optimal combos (and necessary to learn in order to master the deck), sometimes you won’t have the most optimal cards in your hand to act out these combos perfectly. There are some ways around this while still summoning a powerful board for your opponent to overcome.
One for All is a brilliant card to draw even if you do not possess a Lyrilusc or Tri-Brigade monster, provided you also possess another monster such as Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring or Maxx “C”. This card’s effect can allow you to send one monster to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon a Level 1 monster from your deck. These hand traps can then be sent to the graveyard to bring out a monster like Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow, kickstarting a combo.
The benefits of the synergy between Tri-Brigade and Lyrilusc can also come into effect in this scenario. If you have a Tri-Brigade Nervall in hand alongside One For All, sending that card to the graveyard to activate One For All can allow you to add Tri-Brigade Fraktall from your deck to your hand. This can then be used to summon further Tri-Brigade monsters or Lyrilusc creatures.
If your effects are negated using cards like Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring, it is still possible to continue your combo to a limited extent. If you use the effect of Turquoise Warbler to Special Summon Cobalt Sparrow and this card’s effect is negated by Ash Blossom, you can still persevere by summoning Lyrilusc - Recital Starling. This will make it possible to add a Tri-Brigade Nervall from your deck to your hand, which can then be Normal Summoned. Then, Link Summon these two monsters for a Tri-Brigade Ferrijit the Barren Blossom.
By sending Nervall to the Graveyard as part of a Special Summon you can search Tri-Brigade Kitt, which can then be Special Summoned through Ferrijit’s effect. Kitt’s effect can be used to banish materials from the graveyard in order to bring out Ancient Warriors Oath - Double Dragon Lords, which can be used to bring out Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty. While not optimal, this is still a difficult field for your opponent to overcome.
Learning the core combos of the Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck is key to victory, as is learning how to adapt these combos to your opponent’s negations and the type of deck your opponent is using. It is also in these scenarios that staple cards and additional support cards like One For All are most useful, improving a deck's overall consistency.
Cards such as Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds may not appear useful in this scenario, but the ability to stop both players from Special Summoning any monsters other than Wind monsters can counter decks that rely on this mechanic. While these are some of the deck’s most effective combos, you can do more limited combos starting from other Lyrilusc or Tri-Brigade monsters as well.
That’s everything you need to know to get started with your new Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck in Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel. If you need more gems in order to attain the cards you need for this deck, you may want to check out these guides on how to obtain gems in Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel. If Lyrilusc Tri-Brigade feels too complicated, you may want to check out other Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel meta decks.