The best Genshin Impact Kaedehara Kazuha build
Learn how to put together the best possible Kazuha build
Want to learn how to create the best Kazuha build in Genshin Impact? Anemo Sword user Kaedehara Kazuha is Genshin Impact’s first character from Inazuma and a temporary member of Beidou’s crew. He’s often composed and enjoys spending time outside, but he’s also no stranger to harnessing the power of Anemo in battle to perform some killer moves.
This guide will show you how to create the best Kazuha build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Kaedehara Kazuha, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
How to build Kaedehara Kazuha for elemental support in Genshin Impact
Best weapon: Freedom-Sworn or Skyward Blade
4-star alternatives: Favonius Sword or Sacrificial Sword
Once you’ve got Kazuha on your team, you’ll want to equip him with a good sword. We recommend using Freedom-Sworn or Skyward Blade for their respective Elemental Mastery and Energy Recharge abilities. If you don’t have either of these lucrative 5-star swords, try the 4-star Favonius Sword or the Sacrificial Sword, both of which have great Energy Recharge buffs as well.
Best artifacts: Viridescent Venerer
- 2 piece set bonus: Anemo DMG Bonus +15%
- 4 piece set bonus: Increases Swirl DMG by 60% and decreases opponents' Elemental RES to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10 seconds
You’ll also need artifacts to take full advantage of Kazuha’s abilities. As Kazuha is best suited as an Anemo support character similar to Venti and Sucrose, you’ll likely want to use the Viridescent Venerer set, which gives excellent Anemo bonuses. The Noblesse Oblige set is also a solid choice for Kazuha, as it will boost his Elemental Burst damage.
When looking at Artifact stats and substats, you’ll want to prioritize Elemental Mastery, Anemo DMG Bonus, and Crit DMG/Rate. ATK% can also go a long way, but Kazuha tends to be the strongest when using his Anemo abilities rather than his normal attacks, so relying on his elemental abilities is best. If you're in a position to be selective, aim for the following:
- Circlet of Logos: Crit DMG/Rate
- Sands of Eon: Elemental Mastery
- Goblet of Eonothem: Anemo DMG Bonus
- Substats: ATK and Elemental Mastery
Talent priority: Kazuha Slash (Elemental Burst)
Secondary: Chihayaburu (Elemental Skill)
When choosing which talents to level up, prioritize his Elemental Burst and Elemental Skill. If you want to invest in his other talents as well, here’s what all of them are:
- Garyuu Bladework (Normal Attack):
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging attack - Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Chihayaburu (Elemental Skill): Unleashes a secret technique as fierce as the rushing wind that pulls objects and opponents towards Kazuha's current position before launching opponents within the AoE, dealing Anemo DMG and lifting Kazuha into the air on a rushing gust of wind. Press to use in mid-air and hold to charge up before unleashing greater Anemo DMG over a larger AoE than Press Mode. When a Plunging Attack is performed while this skill is active, the Midare Ranzan effect occurs: Plunging Attack DMG is converted to Anemo DMG and will create a small wind tunnel via a secret blade technique that pulls in nearby objects and opponents.
- Kazuha Slash (Elemental Burst): The signature technique of Kazuha's self-styled bladework — a single slash that strikes with the force of the first winds of autumn, dealing AoE Anemo DMG. The blade's passage will leave behind a field named "Autumn Whirlwind" that periodically deals AoE Anemo DMG to opponents within its range. If Autumn Whirlwind comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro, it will deal additional elemental DMG of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
- Cloud Strider (Utility Passive): Decreases sprinting Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
- Soumon Swordsmanship (1st Ascension Passive): If Chihayaburu comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro when cast, Chihayaburu will absorb that element and if Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan is used before the effect expires, it will deal an additional 200% ATK of the absorbed elemental type as DMG. This will be considered Plunging Attack DMG. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use of Chihayaburu.
- Poetics of Fuubutsu (4th Ascension Passive): Upon triggering a Swirl reaction, Kaedehara Kazuha will grant all party members a 0.04% Elemental DMG Bonus to the element absorbed by Swirl for every point of Elemental Mastery he has for 8 seconds. Bonuses for different elements obtained through this method can co-exist.
- Main DPS: Xiangling
- Sub-DPS: Xingqiu
- Elemental Support: Kaedehara Kazuha
- Healer/Support: Bennett
5-star alternative: Diluc replacing Xiangling as DPS
This composition allows Kazuha to take advantage of powerful complementary Pyro buffs provided by Xiangling and Bennett, as well as the 25% attack damage bonus from having two Pyro characters on a team. Kazuha can trigger the Swirl elemental reaction to spread that damage over a wider area. If you have a 5-star Pyro DPS like Diluc you can potentially put them in Xiangling's place for extra base damage, although you will be sacrificing Xiangling and Kazuha's complementary stacking energy debuffs if you do, so be sure to take that into account.
Any sub-DPS character with a suitably Swirl-reactive element can take the final place on this team. Xingqiu is a solid choice as he's one of the best 4-star sub-DPS candidates in the game and possesses the Hydro element, but Fischl makes for a good Electro alternative.
How to level up Kaedehara Kazuha
Kazuha’s ascensions require the following materials:
|1||1 Vayuda Turquoise Sliver, 3 Sea Ganoderma, 3 Treasure Hoarder Insignias, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 10 Sea Ganoderma, 15 Treasure Hoarder Insignias, 2 Marionette Cores, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 20 Sea Ganoderma, 12 Silver Raven Insignias, 4 Marionette Cores, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 30 Sea Ganoderma, 18 Silver Raven Insignias, 8 Marionette Cores, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 45 Sea Ganoderma, 12 Golden Raven Insignias, 12 Marionette Cores, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Vayuda Turquoise Gemstones, 60 Sea Ganoderma, 24 Golden Raven Insignias, 20 Marionette Cores, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Vayuda Turquoise Sliver, 9 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 9 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 6 Vayuda Turquoise Gemstones, 18 Treasure Hoarder Insignia, 30 Silver Raven Insignia, 36 Golden Raven Insignia, 46 Marionette Core, 168 Sea Ganoderma, and 420,000 Mora|
Kazuha’s ascension materials are largely to be found in Inazuma. This is where you can gather Sea Ganoderma by the coastal areas, and find Maguu Kenki normal bosses who drop Marionette Cores when defeated. A little travel might be required to farm all his materials, however, as the Anemo boss who drops Vayuda Turquoise resides in the Stormbearer Mountains in Mondstadt, while Treasure Hoarders can be fought anywhere in Teyvat but are most commonly encountered in Liyue.
To level up Kazuha’s talents fully, you’ll need 18 Gilded Scale, 9 Teachings of Diligence, 63 Guide to Diligence, 114 Philosophies of Diligence, 18 Treasure Hoarder Insignia, 66 Silver Raven Insignia, 93 Golden Raven Insignia, and 3 Crown of Sagehood. Per any one of his three active talents, that works out to:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Treasure Hoarder Insignias, 3 Teachings of Diligence, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Silver Raven Insignias, 2 Guides to Diligence, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Silver Raven Insignias, 4 Guides to Diligence, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Silver Raven Insignias, 6 Guides to Diligence, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Silver Raven Insignias, 9 Guides to Diligence, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Golden Raven Insignias, 4 Philosophies of Diligence, 1 Gilded Scale, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Golden Raven Insignias, 6 Philosophies of Diligence, 1 Gilded Scale, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Golden Raven Insignias, 12 Philosophies of Diligence, 2 Gilded Scales, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Golden Raven Insignias, 16 Philosophies of Diligence, 2 Gilded Scales, 1 Crown of Insight, and 700,000 Mora|
|Total||6 Treasure Hoarder Insignias, 22 Silver Raven Insignias, 31 Golden Raven Insignias, 3 Teachings of Diligence, 21 Guides to Diligence, 38 Philosophies of Diligence, 6 Gilded Scales, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
In addition to the materials that overlap with those required for his ascension levelling, you need to head to Liyue's Taishan Mansion domain on Tuesdays, Fridays, and/or Sundays for Kazuha's books. Gilded Scales are farmed by repeating the Azhdaha boss fight in the Beneath the Dragon-Queller domain at Level 70+. Finally, if you’re looking to go the extra mile, Crowns of Insight can be obtained through limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and Sacred Sakura.
If you’re determined to max out Kazuha’s abilities, wishing for duplicate copies of him to unlock his Constellations can be effective (yet, be warned: since he's a 5-star character, it can also prove extremely costly and/or time consuming). Here’s what each one of his Constellations will give you:
- Scarlet Hills: Constellation Lv. 1 - Decreases Chihayaburu Cooldown by 10 percent. Using Manyou no Ittou resets the Cooldown of Chihayaburu.
- Yamaarashi Tailwind: Constellation Lv. 2 - Increases the current active character’s Elemental Mastery by 200 if they are within the Area of Effect of the Ruka Akino created by Manyou no Ittou.
- Maple Monogatari: Constellation Lv. 3 - Increases the Level of Chihayaburu by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Oozora Genpou: Constellation Lv. 4 - When Kazuha Energy is lower than 45, he obtains the following effects: Press or Hold Chihayaburu to regenerate three or four Energy. Regenerate two Energy per second while gliding.
- Wisdom of Bansei: Constellation Lv. 5 - Increases the Level of Manyou no Ittou by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Crimson Momiji: Constellation Lv. 6 - Kazuha gains an Anemo Infusion for five seconds after using Chihayaburu or Manyou no Ittou. Additionally, each point of Elemental Master will increase the Damage dealt by Kazuha’s Normal, charged and Plunging, and Plunging Attack: Ranran Haishin by 0.2 percent while the Anemo Infusion is active.
How to get Kazuha in Genshin Impact
Kazuha is a limited character, meaning he’s not always available. His first appearance on the Character Event Wish banner lasted from June 29 to July 20, 2021; and after a year-long absence, he finally got his first rerun between July 13 to August 2, 2022. He's now once again unavailable, but fingers crossed it doesn't take a whole year for his banner to roll around again!
If you’re looking to save up to wish on Kazuha’s rerun banner, be sure to check out our guide on getting characters to learn the best ways to prep, or our codes guide to get some free Primogems!
That’s all the info we’ve got on Kaedehara Kazuha! Why not check out our character tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?