With the Darkmoon Faire expansion, ETC OTK Warrior came to the fore, and it’s a unique deck the likes of which we haven’t seen much of before.
It’s a tricky deck to play, and expensive to build, so don’t jump in without being prepared. There’s a lot of synergies and combos to understand, as well as a specific gameplan you’ll want to follow, so read on to understand the deck a bit better.
ETC OTK Warrior deck list and strategy
Here is the best version of ETC OTK Warrior available to play in Hearthstone right now.
|2 x Risky Skipper||2 x Animated Broomstick|
|2 x Shield Slam||1 x Pen Flinger|
|2 x Battle Rage||1 x Zephrys the Great|
|1 x E.T.C., God of Metal||2 x Cutting Class|
|2 x Armorsmith|
|1 x Corsair Cache|
|2 x Bloodsworn Mercenary|
|2 x Shield Block|
|1 x Bladestorm|
|2 x EVIL Quartermaster|
|1 x Lord Barov|
|1 x Ancharrr|
|1 x Bulwark of Azzinoth|
|2 x Sword Eater|
|1 x Brawl|
|1 x Rattlegore|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcKS/yjA96tA7i5A8C5A/nCA5/NA5PQA6vUA87eAwqQA6IE1AT/B9ypA9mtA6S2A5XNA/fUA7XeAwA=
ETC OTK Warrior is super fun. We love using the OTK combo to finish off enemies, and the alternative options for the deck mean you’re not 100% reliant on the combo to win as well.
Early game: Early on, it’s time to armour up. Get yourself drawing cards and surviving - you’re never going to get the combo off if you die on turn 5. Risky Skipper along with the likes of Armorsmith can help a lot with staying alive, especially alongside good ol’ Risky Skipper damaging friendly minions. Ancharrr is another solid option for drawing out your deck and keeping the board in check, and you can draw it out with Corsair Cache.
Mid game: Lord Barov and Brawl are a couple of very strong ways to clear the enemy board, but don’t make the mistake of using Pen Flinger on a debuffed enemy minion - you’ll fail to pull off the combo if you do that.
Remember to use Cutting Class when it’s discounted by holding a weapon, as well as Battle Rage when you have minions damaged on board.
Late game: The combo you want to pull off is as follows. Of course, your opponent must have minions on the board for it to work. First, play E.T.C., God of Metal. Then, damage it with Pen Flinger. Play two Bloodsworn Mercenaries on it, and you’ll have three E.T.C., God of Metal copies. Finally, play an Animated Broomstick and Rush in with all your minions. This’ll deal 6 face damage for all your Rush attacks, and should be enough to finish your opponent off. If it’s not, remember you have Rattlegore and Sword Eater to deliver a sticky board and face damage respectively.
More great Warrior guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Bomb Warrior - Bomb Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Galakrond Tempo Warrior - Galakrond Tempo Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Face Highlander Warrior - Face Highlander Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Pirate Galakrond Warrior - Pirate Galakrond Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Highlander Dragon Warrior - Highlander Dragon Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
ETC OTK Warrior Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to have in hand at the start of the match when playing ETC OTK Warrior:
- 1. Risky Skipper lets you ping enemy early drops with its effect, and combos well with the next minion on this list.
- 2. Armorsmith allows you to gain armour with Risky Skipper, and will give you the chance to survive longer and pull off your combo.
- 3. Ancharrr controls the board and offers card draw, giving you Sword Eater and Risky Skipper from your deck.
ETC OTK Warrior tips, card combos and synergies
Keep an eye out for these little tips when playing ETC OTK Warrior:
- Cutting Class can be played for less mana the more attack your weapon has. Use it with Ancharrr in play for 3 mana, or Sword Eater’s Jawbreaker for 2 mana.
- Bladestorm is great for when your opponent has one large minion on board, as it’ll kill it outright. Remember you can take out full board if you calculate their health totals well though.
- Zephrys the Great’s Battlecry will only trigger if you’re near the end of your deck. Use him to get a Brawl out for your final gambit.
- Remember that Bulwark of Azzinoth can be drawn from your deck with Corsair Cache, and you’ll be able to survive an extra instance of damage if you buff its durability.
- Don’t play your combo pieces until the combo unless you desperately need to. Honestly though, without the combo you’ll struggle to win unless your opponent can’t deal with a Rattlegore.
- Use Shield Block, EVIL Quartermaster, and your Hero Power after you’ve taken damage if possible, as this’ll give you an extra card drawn when you play Battle Rage (your Hero counts as a damaged character).