Want to learn how to create the best Albedo build in Genshin Impact? As the reclusive Chief Alchemist of the Knights of Favonius, Albedo’s alchemical skills are incredibly powerful — so powerful, in fact, that he often isolates himself in Dragonspine out of fear for the safety of others. When built well, the Geo Sword user can use these skills to give you the lead in almost any battle thanks to his incredible abilities as a sub DPS.
This guide will show you how to create the best Albedo build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Albedo, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
How to build Albedo as your sub DPS in Genshin Impact
Below we've put together our recommended set-up for Albedo as your party's supporting DPS fighter.
Best weapon: Harbinger of Dawn
Alternatives: Primordial Jade Cutter, Festering Desire
It might seem counterintuitive to pair a 3-star weapon with a 5-star character, but you’re in luck: Albedo’s best weapon is something you probably already have a few of. The Harbinger of Dawn will work wonders with Albedo, as he doesn’t really have a need for ATK and instead will benefit from this sword’s 10.2% CRIT DMG increase. In addition, when Albedo’s HP is above 90%, his CRIT Rate will increase by 14% with this sword equipped, giving him a well-rounded balance of CRIT Rate and DMG.
If you’re determined to equip Albedo with a fancier weapon, Primordial Jade Cutter and Festering Desire (or any other sword with a CRIT buff) can also work, though we’d recommend the Harbinger of Dawn above these two as it provides a higher buff to his CRIT stats.
Best artifacts: Tenacity of the Millelith
- 2-piece bonus: HP +20%
- 4-piece bonus: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the Attack of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
Alternative: Archaic Petra
As a versatile character, Albedo’s best artifacts vary depending on what aspect of his build you’re looking to improve. If you need to add more shield strength to your team, the Tenacity of the Millelith 4-piece set is your best friend, increasing both shield strength and ATK when an Elemental Skill hits an opponent. On the other hand, if you’re looking to improve your team’s damage output, try equipping Albedo with the Archaic Petra 4-piece set, which will give him a 15% Geo DMG Bonus and grant the applicants of a Crystallize reaction an Elemental DMG Bonus.
You’re going to want to pay close attention to the stats and substats on Albedo’s artifacts. Aim for a nice balance with the following:
- Circlet of Logos: DEF%
- Sands of Eon: DEF% or Energy Recharge
- Goblet of Eonothem: DEF% or Geo DMG Bonus
- Substats: CRIT Rate and CRIT DMG
Talent priority: Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma (Elemental Skill)
When choosing which talents of Albedo’s to level first, your priority should fall on his Elemental Skill. When leveled enough, Albedo’s Solar Isotomas can deal massive amounts of damage to keep your team in the lead. Albedo’s Elemental Burst is strong as well, so don’t let it trail too far behind his Skill. On the other hand, as a sub DPS character, Albedo’s Normal Attack is his weakest, so don’t prioritize this talent unless you’re determined to fully build him for any situation. Here’s what all of Albedo’s talents have to offer:
- Normal Attack - Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack - Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack - Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Elemental Skill: Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma - Albedo creates a Solar Isotoma using alchemy, which deals AoE Geo DMG on appearance. Solar Isotoma has the following properties: When opponents within the Solar Isotoma field take DMG, the Solar Isotoma will generate Transient Blossoms which deal AoE Geo DMG. DMG dealt scales off Albedo's DEF. Transient Blossoms can only be generated once every 2s. When a character is located at the locus of the Solar Isotoma, the Solar Isotoma will accumulate Geo power to form a crystallized platform that lifts the character up to a certain height. Only one crystallized platform can exist at a time. Solar Isotoma is considered a Geo construct. Only one Solar Isotoma created by Albedo himself can exist at a time. Hold to designate the location of the skill.
- Elemental Burst: Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide - Under Albedo's command, Geo crystals surge and burst forth, dealing AoE Geo DMG in front of him. If a Solar Isotoma created by Albedo himself is on the field, 7 Fatal Blossoms will be generated in the Solar Isotoma field, bursting violently into bloom and dealing AoE Geo DMG. Tectonic Tide DMG and Fatal Blossom DMG will not generate Transient Blossoms.
- Passive Talent 1 - Transient Blossoms generated by Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma deal 25% more DMG to opponents whose HP is below 50%.
- Passive Talent 2 - Using Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide increases the Elemental Mastery of nearby party members by 125 for 10s.
- Passive Talent 3 - When Albedo crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, he has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
- Main DPS: Fischl
- Secondary DPS: Albedo
- Shield: Noelle
- Healer: Bennett
5* alternative: Keqing replacing Fischl as DPS
While almost any character can be built as a DPS character, most Geo characters work best in a sub DPS role (excluding Ningguang), meaning you’ll want a DPS alongside your Albedo. Many Electro characters like Fischl or 5* Keqing fill the DPS role perfectly while also triggering the Crystallize Elemental Reaction, though this can also be triggered by Hydro, Cryo, and Pyro.
Really you're spoiled for choice when picking a DPS for Albedo, so pick your best character with any of those elements. In truth, as a 5* sub-DPS he shines brightest when paired with a 5* DPS character. But if your pulls haven't been so lucky and your Wishes are in short supply, don't feel like you need to go hunting for another rare character when Albedo can just as easily team up with any stalwart 4* DPS mains you have ready to hand.
If you’re on the hunt for a better defense strategy, pairing Albedo with another shield-wielding Geo character like Noelle will grant you the Enduring Rock Elemental Resonance perk, which increases shield strength by 15% and buffs the damage dealt by characters actively using a shield.
Finally, when in doubt as to which fourth party member to deploy, it never hurts to send Bennett in with a full set of healing artifacts. Despite his unassuming appearance he's one of the best characters in the game, and can hold his own in combat while providing healing buffs for the whole team.
How to level up Albedo in Genshin Impact
To fully ascend Albedo, you’ll need the following materials:
|1||1 Prithiva Topaz Sliver, 3 Cecilia, 3 Divining Scrolls, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Prithiva Topaz Fragments, 2 Basalt Pillars, 10 Cecilia, 15 Divining Scrolls, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Prithiva Topaz Fragments, 4 Basalt Pillars, 20 Cecilia, 12 Sealed Scrolls, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Prithiva Topaz Chunks, 8 Basalt Pillars, 30 Cecilia, 18 Sealed Scrolls, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Prithiva Topaz Chunks, 12 Basalt Pillars, 45 Cecilia, 12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Prithiva Topaz Gemstones, 20 Basalt Pillars, 60 Cecilia, 24 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Prithiva Topaz Sliver, 9 Prithiva Topaz Fragments, 9 Prithiva Topaz Chunks, 6 Prithiva Topaz Gemstones, 46 Basalt Pillars, 168 Cecilias, 18 Divining Scrolls, 30 Sealed Scrolls, 36 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, and 420,000 Mora|
Prithiva Topaz and Basalt Pillars can be obtained by defeating the Geo Hypostasis. You’ll have to kill a hefty number of Samachurls to save up enough Scrolls for Albedo as well. Finally, be sure to stop at Starsnatch Cliff whenever possible to pick it clean of Cecilias — these only spawn here, and you’ll need to make quite a few trips to gather Albedo’s required 168.
Looking to fully level Albedo’s talents? You’ll need the following materials:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Divining Scrolls, 3 Teachings of Ballad, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Sealed Scrolls, 2 Guides to Ballad, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Sealed Scrolls, 4 Guides to Ballad, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Sealed Scrolls, 6 Guides to Ballad, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Sealed Scrolls, 9 Guides to Ballad, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Forbidden Cursed Scrolls, 4 Philosophies of Ballad, 1 Tusk of Monoceros, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Forbidden Cursed Scrolls, 6 Philosophies of Ballad, 1 Tusk of Monoceros, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Forbidden Cursed Scrolls, 12 Philosophies of Ballad, 2 Tusk of Monoceros, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Forbidden Cursed Scrolls, 16 Philosophies of Ballad, 2 Tusk of Monoceros, 1 Crown of Insight, and 700,000 Mora|
|Total||3 Teachings of Ballad, 21 Guides to Ballad, 38 Philosophies of Ballad, 6 Divining Scrolls, 22 Sealed Scrolls, 31 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 6 Tusks of Monoceros Caeli, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
To triple crown Albedo by fully levelling up all three of his talents, you'll need to collect all of these materials three times over. You’ll be able to pick up Ballad books at the Forsaken Rift domain on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, while Scrolls can be earned by defeating Samachurls. The Childe boss drops Tusks of Monoceros Caeli, meaning you’ll need to fight Childe more than a few times to save for Albedo. Finally, if you’re looking to fully level Albedo’s talents by crowning them, you can do so with Crowns of Insight, obtained through limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and the Sacred Sakura.
Albedo is already pretty strong at Constellation 0, though if you’re looking to go the extra mile (and possibly shell out a little money in the process), Constellation 2 Albedo is a good goal to have. Constellation 1 will increase his Energy Recharge while Constellation 2 will create a massive DMG boost. These two Constellations create an excellent, well-rounded kit that keeps Albedo dealing consistent amounts of damage. If you’re looking to go even further, here’s what the rest of his Constellations will get you:
- Constellation Lv. 1: Flower of Eden - Transient Blossoms generated by Albedo's Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma regenerate 1.2 Energy for Albedo.
- Constellation Lv. 2: Opening of Phanerozoic - Transient Blossoms generated by Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma grant Albedo Fatal Reckoning for 30s: Unleashing Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide consumes all stacks of Fatal Reckoning. Each stack of Fatal Reckoning consumed increases the DMG dealt by Fatal Blossoms and Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide's burst DMG by 30% of Albedo's DEF. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Constellation Lv. 3: Grace of Helios - Increases the Level of Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Constellation Lv. 4: Descent of Divinity - Active party members within the Solar Isotoma field have their Plunging Attack DMG increased by 30%.
- Constellation Lv. 5: Tide of Hadean - Increases the Level of Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Constellation Lv. 6: Dust of Purification - Active party members within the Solar Isotoma field who are protected by a shield created by Crystallize have their DMG increased by 17%.
How to get Albedo in Genshin Impact
Albedo is a limited character, meaning you’ll only be able to wish for him at certain times. His banner Secretum Secretorum last ran in November/December 2021, so it might be a while before he comes back around, but don't despair: it's highly unlikely that we've seen the last of him.
That’s all the info we’ve got on Albedo! Why not check out our character tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?