Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations: where to find Lupo in each area
When exploring the labyrinthine world of Ori And The Will Of The Wisps, it helps to have maps. Luckily, there is a rather neat lad named Lupo who will sell you complete maps of each area in the game. The only downside to this is that you need to find him in each area and he's well hidden in some cases.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations
To get all the maps, you'll need to find Lupo in each area of the game and pay him some Spirit Light Orbs. You do reveal part of the map as you wander around each area, but buying maps will fully reveal the entire area. It's therefore worth seeking Lupo out so you know where you're going.
For the maps themselves, the cost is rather nominal, but they will be listed in this guide. There are a total of nine maps to buy and you will need to have amassed a total of 1525 Orbs to get all of them.
- Inkwater Marsh: Towards the top and to the right of the area, you'll see a wooden beam bridge with a sign pointing to the right. Follow it to meet Lupo, who will sell the map for 50 orbs.
- Kwolok's Hollow: There is a long vertical chamber with spikes to the right and a bamboo shoot that you can climb. Double jump and dash to the left, using the sticky ability to climb the wall, then leap to the right to find Lupo. He'll sell you the map for 100 orbs.
- Wellspring: In the biggest room with all the doors to the Wellspring dungeons, head to the left-most door about a third of the way up. Once inside, go to the right and grapple onto the spinning moss cog. Leap up and to the right, then turn left and grapple onto the blue flower in the ceiling. Jump to the wall on the left and clamber up. Lupo is to the right of you and will sell you a map for 75 Orbs.
- Luma Pools: Just after the first locked room fight of the area, there is a pool where swimming down and to the left takes you past some spinning spikes. Keep going and hit the blue light to make the red vines retract. This will cause the pink flower to shoot a missile. Lead it up and to the right, unlocking the right-hand vines with the blue light, then passing through. Let the missile get close, then launch it into the crumbled wall above you by using bash. Lupo is in this hidden chamber and sells you a map for 250 Orbs.
- Baur's Reach: Not long after entering this area, you'll see a bunch of rocks stacked on top of each other, with a big rock at the top with light inside. From here, double jump and dash to the wall, missing the spikes, then climb up the vine to your left a little bit. Pass between the two sets of spikes next to you to reveal a hidden area with Lupo inside. He sells you the map for 250 Orbs.
- Midnight Burrows: As you go through this hidden area, tips to unlock the doors can be found in our How to solve Midnight Burrows bell puzzles guide, you'll see an area where there are blue portals. From the ledge, drop and dash into the portal underneath the ledge. Double jump and fall into the bottom portal. Do a second jump after reappearing and fall into the portal you came from. This should give you enough height to make it to the portal above you and to the left. After emerging from that portal, jump across the gap to find Lupo. You'll need to pay 250 Orbs for the map.
- Mouldwood Depths: Close to the bottom-right corner of this area, you'll see some blue flowers that you can grapple onto. Drop as low as you can without falling into the spikes below, then grapple onto the flowers to make them drop down. You can use the flowers to make your way across until you see Lupo hidden on a small ledge. Make your way up to him and spend 250 Orbs to get the map.
- Windswept Wastes: From the first Spirit Well, make your way to the right all the way until you can go up. Do so, then head to the left and upwards until you reach a chamber with the Burrow ability tree. Burrow your way back up and to the right, then burrow into the suspended rock above you to launch Ori into the air. There's a wall that you can latch onto. Climb up and find Lupo, who can give you a map in exchange for 300 Orbs.
- Willow's End: From the door where you enter the area, launch yourself into the portal above. Climb up and around the spikes on your left to reach a room with a red thing shooting missiles at you. Bash off of it vertically, then use each of its shots to keep going up until you pass through the small gap in the ceiling. Lupo is on your right and in a rather charitable gesture, he'll give you the map for free.
In Wellspring Glades, you can also find Lupo by burrowing into the soft sand to the right of Opher. You'll need the burrow ability from the Windswept Wastes to access this. More on this in our Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations guide. You can also swim here after clearing the Watermill level.
Once you've dug through, enter the door to find Lupo who will sell you three different types of collectable maps. Use them along with our aforementioned Shard locations guide, as well as our Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations and Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations respectively to find all of the collectables in the game. The costs for all three of the maps are:
- Reveal Energy Cells: 2000 Spirit Light Orbs
- Reveal Life Cells: 3000 Spirit Light Orbs
- Reveal Shards: 4000 Spirit Light Orbs
They may be expensive, but I'm sure you'll find them to be very helpful in your quest to get all the stuff in the game.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guides series
Those are all the locations for all the maps in Ori And The Will Of The Wisps. We have a bunch of other guides readily prepared below that cover all sorts of things, from the locations of life and energy cell fragments, builds for Ori's skills, and tips for boss fight/chase sequence.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guide - Our hub area for all of our guides for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gorlek Ore locations - Every location of the Gorlek Ore locations to rebuild the village.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations - Every location of the life cell fragments to increase your health.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations - All the places you can find energy cell fragments to raise your energy bar.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations - Places to find all the Spirit Shards in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps quests - Every side-quest detailed from where to begin, the item you need, and the rewards you get for completing them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Regrowing The Glades - Find all the seeds and replant them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hand To Hand quest - Steps to finish the longest side quest.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps boss guide - Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the bosses, with some general top tips for fighting them.