With recent Runeterra patch notes making some much needed changes, the newest patch (0.9.1) is more here to fix bugs and introduce some new guardians and boards. Detain also now works as it should against champions. In order to keep up with all the changes that will be made to the game, I will be looking over the changes that are being made when every Runeterra patch note post is released and seeing where the biggest changes are going to be.
Legends of Runeterra patch notes guide
Our Runeterra patch notes guide has all the changes that have been made to the game, from the open beta to the most recent patch 0.9.1.
Patch notes 0.9.1
Another smaller update here and none of the stuff that's been altered will change the card text, meaning the same decks are still the best ones. Check out which ones they are in the Runeterra best decks guide.
Boards & Guardians additions
- New guardian - Minion now available to purchase.
- New boards - Jinx and Garen now available to purchase.
- Guardian improvements - Silverwing and Gloomtooth are not as noisy when idle. Basilisk's tail and Gromp Jr's legs no longer clip through boards.
- Improved the animation speed, removed effect buffers, and decreased lock-out windows to improve responsiveness for the following game actions:
- Summoning units
- Drawing cards
- Playing spells
- Attack token transferring between players
- Dragging units to attack.
- Increasing friend challenge XP for both wins and losses (Win is now 200XP, loss is now 100XP). There are also XP caps at five wins and five losses per day.
- Card counts now represented by "pips" that better communicate to the player copies of the card owned, unowned cards, cards used in decks and ones not used in decks.
Finally here are some bug fixes. Some of the important card related ones have been highlighted in bold for your convenience.
- Repeatedly hovering Region Road rewards no longer causes shadows to steadily consume the screen.
- Muting AI opponents will now properly hide their emotes.
- The Rekindler and The Harrowing will no longer revive Champions that only had their unique spell cast.
- Champions will now properly level up if they return from being Detained after their level up condition was met while they were Detained.
- Twin Disciplines now displays correct effect text when selecting Discipline of Fortitude.
- Players should no longer get stuck on the loading screen when signing out of League of Legends while signed into LoR.
- Players logging into LoR from different devices should encounter fewer crashes.
Previous patch notes
In order to look at the other Legends of Runeterra patch notes, please expand the spoiler tags for the patch notes you wish to look at.
Legends of Runeterra guides links
- Legends Of Runeterra guide - Tips and tricks to get started in Legends of Runeterra.
- Runeterra best decks - The best decklists currently available for Runeterra.
- Runeterra ranked mode - Explore how ranked mode works and what rewards you get for participating.
- Runeterra Expeditions - Learn Legends of Runeterra's draft mode and see which cards are the best.
- Runeterra champions - Find out what each champion does and how to level up.
- Runeterra cards list - All of the follower and spell cards in Runeterra.
- How to Play Legends of Runeterra - Learn how to play the game, what cards do, and the turn order.
- Legends of Runeterra Ephemeral tutorial - Step by step instructions to complete this bothersome tutorial.
- Runeterra vault - Quick ways to gain XP and open better weekly vault prizes.
- How Runeterra rounds work - An in-depth guide as to how rounds work.
- Runeterra keywords - All the keywords and major interactions in Runeterra explained.
- Runeterra player icons - Steps to change your player icon.
- Runeterra guardians - If you bought guardians, here's how to change them.
- Runeterra boards - Those who have spent money on boards can learn how to change them here.