Want to know the Rope Gun location in Sons of the Forest? Sons Of The Forest throws you onto a sprawling island, with countless caves to explore and a huge mountain to climb. However, to fully explore, you'll need to use the Rope Gun, which allows you to make and use ziplines. You can use these Rope Gun ziplines to cross large caverns and propel yourself up to or down from a cliff edge.
While the Rope Gun is an incredibly useful tool, and necessary if you want to get the Shovel and find the keycards in Sons of the Forest, it's also hard to find. Hidden deep within a perilous cave on the West side of the island, you'll need to prepare for a dangerous delve if you want to track down the Rope Gun location in Sons of the Forest.
In this guide, we'll break down how to get the Rope Gun in Sons of the Forest. We'll show you its exact location on the map, and walk you through how to navigate the cave and find the Rope Gun location yourself.
Sons of the Forest Rope Gun location
The map below denotes the exact Rope Gun location in Sons of the Forest. As you arrive, you'll see the cave marker appear on your map. Head towards the cave icon and squeeze through the entrance to get inside.
Before entering the Rope Gun cave, make sure you're equipped with a strong weapon, such as the Stun Baton or a Pistol. There are many enemies that you'll need to kill inside, and it's easy to get overwhelmed if you don't come prepared.
Below, you'll find a list of step-by-step instructions that you can follow to reach the Rope Gun location in this cave:
- Enter the cave and continue through the tunnel ahead until you arrive in a large chamber.
- Clear the cavern of mutants, and then turn left and head towards the corpses to find a tunnel.
- Follow the tunnel until you find a writhing mutant stuck in a wall gap.
- Grab the time bombs on the floor nearby, and use them to destroy the mutant.
- Head through the gap and follow the long path ahead past the hanging corpses.
- On the far side of the cavern, take the steep slope leading up until you reach a dark passage on your left.
- Turn left and head through the passage, crouching to duck as the ceiling gets lower.
- When you enter the next cavern, hug the right wall and follow it until you spot some light sources in a passage to the right.
- Follow the light sources until you find a briefcase holding the Rope Gun on the floor.
How to use the Rope Gun in Sons of the Forest
The Rope Gun allows you to fire a Zipline Rope, which you can use to quickly scale or descend from high areas.
To create a zipline, simply aim and fire the Rope Gun at where you want to reach. Then, aim at the ground by your feet to set up the other end. This will make the zipline appear between those two points, so that you can interact with it to hop on and reach your destination.
When you land on the other side, simply look at where the zipline attaches to the ground and interact to remove it. This will add it back to your inventory, so that you can reload and fire again.
There are also ziplines already established in certain areas. You can also use the Rope Gun to interact with these ziplines, allowing you to explore further than you previously could.
This makes the Rope Gun a vital tool if you want to reach the ending in Sons of the Forest. You'll need to get it to reach the Shovel, which then allows you to find the Golden Armor in Sons of the Forest.
That wraps up our guide on how to get the Rope Gun in Sons of the Forest. If that takes up a chunk of your first day and you now need to find shelter fast, take a look at our guides on how to make a tent and how to start a fire in Sons of the Forest. If you're now thirsty, check out our guide on how to get water in Sons of the Forest. Before long, you'll need to start fighting cannibals, so learn how to get Virginia in Sons of the Forest for a formidable fighting companion.