In Fallout 76's Wasterlanders update, we finally got to see actual living people return to the region. Most are just regular guys and gals trying to make a living, but there are some that have banded together into factions: raiders and settlers. We'll go over everything we know about both of them here.
Fallout 76 factions guide
This Fallout 76 factions guide will tell you everything you need to know about the Raiders and the Settlers, such as how to improve your standing with them. Note that this guide will be going over the new factions in the Fallout 76 Wastelanders update exclusively.
Those looking for a beginner's guide to get started with the base game should have a look at our Fallout 76 guide.
You will need to be approximately level 20 to really get this quest started. You'll get a transmission on your radio from the Overseer asking those from Vault 76 to meet her at her house. It's not too far from the newly raised settlement just south of the Vault. Head there and inside you'll be reunited with the Overseer who asks about inoculation. This is related to one of the story quests in Fallout 76, so complete that then come back for a briefing.
She'll ask you to make contact with two factions: the raiders and the settlers. The settlers are the simpler faction to meet as all you need to do is head to their settlement, talk to Paige, then go and check on the status of the camp dispatched to the south. Upon giving him a report, you'll be able to convince him of the need to vaccinate his people against the Scorch.
The Raider leader, Meg, is a bit more difficult to convince. You'll need to head to the Top Of The World, which is in the Savage Divide. There you'll need to talk to Rose and do some quests for her involving the retrieval of a statue and setting up a communication tower. Once you've done all of that, you'll need to clear out the first floor of enemies before Meg arrives. Give her the statue and accept her request to check up on a raider group she sent out south of their camp in the north. Go there, see what happened, then give her the news.
Once you have met both factions, return to the Overseer in her house. She'll ask you to come to the Nuka Cola factory to the west. Inside, she'll assist you in concocting an inoculation beverage and with the production of the new drink. Once you've made the drinks, head to both camps and deliver the package to both leaders. You'll then go up in reputation to "Cautious" for both factions. Return to the Overseer's house to get a reward and continue the Wastelanders story line.
For each of the factions, you'll be able to do quests via the NPCs in each of their camps. Doing favours will increase your standing with them and increasing your rank beyond "Cautious".
The factions each give different rewards, so here are all of the rewards we currently know of and where we know more about each one, where you get them:
- Gauss Minigun (ally rank)
- Ammo Refab tool (ally rank)
- Compound Bow (ally rank)
- Backpack mods
- Floater grenades
- Gauss Shotgun (ally rank)
- Turbo Fertilizer Refab tool (ally rank)
- Compound Bow (ally rank)
- Gauntlet Power Fist
- Gauntlet Power Fist mods
- Bow mods
We will update this when we know more about each of the two factions.
You should now know everything we know about the factions in Fallout 76. We hope you'll check back soon as there's the many quests that the game has throughout the ruined world of Appalachia, what each perk card does, and what you need to craft certain weapons. But for now, do check out the rest of our guides below:
- Fallout 76 guide - Tips and tricks for getting started with Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 server status - For all the updates regarding when Fallout 76 is online or offline, head here.
- Fallout 76 Bobbleheads - They're no longer permanent. Find out more about them here.
- Fallout 76 Magazines - These are also no longer permanent. Locate them here.
- Fallout 76 challenges - Want to customise your character? Get more atoms by completing challenges.
- Fallout 76 diseases - New to Fallout 76 are diseases. Find out how to prevent or cure them.
- Fallout 76 mutations - Also new are Mutations. Some are great, others are not, so discover more about them.
- Fallout 76 perk cards - Perks are completely different here. Get the lowdown on how they work.
- Fallout 76 Power Armor locations - Want to look like a Brotherhood of Steel member? Grab a Power Armour frame.
- Fallout 76 event quests - A primer for all the event quests in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 daily quests - How to unlock the daily quests in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 enemies - A full list of enemies in Fallout 76 and details on variants.
- Fallout 76 nukes - Deliver the nuclear payload to your enemies and scavenge for rare materials.
- Fallout 76 lockpicking - Access safes and locked doors with ease.
- Fallout 76 terminal hacking - Obtain secrets and disable traps by hacking terminals.
- Fallout 76 character creation - Make your character as unique as possible.
- Fallout 76 armour - Craft armour and learn about outfits.
- Fallout 76 treasure maps - Unearth valuable treasure left behind after the bombs fell.
- Fallout 76 multiplayer - Join up with others to complete quests.
Fallout 76 Wasteland guides