A Minecraft Dungeons build is not complete without picking the right artifacts. These are powerful items that can be equipped to one of three slots and are used to bolster your character's abilities.
So if you want to launch firework arrows at enemies or summon an animal companion to aid you in battle, and want to know exactly what every artifact does, then you've come to the right place. Our Minecraft Dungeons artifacts guide also includes all of the DLC artifacts.
- Minecraft Dungeons artifact list |
- Artifacts in Minecraft Dungeons explained |
- Minecraft Dungeons guide series |
As the artifact's levels increase, the overall duration of an artifact's effect or the damage it inflicts on enemies. Since this is the case, we will not be listing how long each artifact lasts or how much damage it will inflict, instead opting to show what type of effect the item has.
The only exception to this is the cooldown for each item, which seems to be consistent throughout all artifacts.
|Artifact name||Artifact ability||Damage/Effect type||Cooldown|
|Boots of Swiftness||Gives a short boost to movement speed.||Movement speed increase||5 seconds|
|Corrupted Beacon||Fires a high-powered beam that continuously damages mobs.||Artifact damage +1 Soul Gathering||No cooldown|
|Death Cap Mushroom||Greatly increases attack and movement speed.||Increases attack and movement speed to self.||30 seconds|
|Fireworks Arrow||Puts a fireworks arrow into your quiver. The arrow explodes on hit.||Ranged damage||30 seconds|
|Fishing Rod||Pulls the closest mob in range to your position, briefly stunning that enemy.||Stuns enemies||5 seconds|
|Flaming Quiver||Gives you Burning Arrows (7)||Ranged damage per second||30 seconds|
|Ghost Cloak||Briefly gain Ghost Form, allowing you to move through mobs and absorb some damage.||Increases speed and allows the hero to move through mobs||6 seconds|
|Golem Kit||Summons an Iron Golen to aid you in battle.||Summon damage||30 seconds|
|Gong of Weakening||Produce an area of effect that reduces damage dealt by nearby mobs||Weakens surrounding enemies||20 seconds|
|Harvester||When used, the Harvester releases souls in an explosion. (Requires Souls)||Artifact damage +1 Soul Gathering||1 second|
|Iron Hide Amulet||Provides a major boosts to defence for a short time.||Increased defence.||25 seconds|
|Light Feather||Lets you tumble through the air, stunning and pushing enemies back as you go.||Stuns enemies and pushes them back.||3 seconds|
|Lightning Rod||You can spend souls to call down a bolt of lightning onto an area.||Artifact damage +1 Soul Gathering||No cooldown|
|Love Medallion||Turn up to three hostile mobs into allies for ten seconds before they disappear.||Turns mobs into allies and boosts their damage.||30 seconds|
|Shock Powder||Stuns nearby enemies||Stuns enemies||15 seconds|
|Soul Healer||Heals the most injured ally nearby, including yourself.||Instant healing effect. +1 Soul Gathering||1 second|
|Tasty Bone||Summons a wolf to aid you in battle.||Summon damage||30 seconds|
|Torment Quiver||Gives slow arrows that knocks back mobs and passes through walls.||Phase through walls and increased knockback. +1 Soul Gathering||1 second|
|Totem of Regeneration||A totem that creates a circular aura, healing you and your allies.||Healing aura effect||25 seconds|
|Totem of Shielding||This totem has mystical powers that shield those around it from projectiles.||Projectile shielding effect.||20 seconds|
|Wind Horn||Pushes enemies away from you and slows them briefly.||Pushes a number of blocks.||10 seconds|
|Wonderful Wheat||Summons a llama to aid you in battle.||Summon damage||30 seconds|
|Corrupted Seeds DLC||Plants seeds that grow into spiky grapple vines that entangle and slowly drain the life from its victims.||Poison damage||20 seconds|
Each artifact you find in Minecraft Dungeons can be equipped to one of the three available slots found at the bottom of the screen.
To equip an artifact, open up the inventory and select an artifact then choose the artifact slot which you want to equip them into. You can learn more about the basics of artifacts in our How to play Minecraft Dungeons guide.
Below are some additional facts about artifacts in Minecraft Dungeons:
- Every artifact has a power level. This power level determines how much damage the artifact can inflict on enemies or how long an effect the artifact lasts for. For example, a level 1 Tasty Bone will give you a wolf companion that's weaker then one you get from a level 15 Tasty Bone.
- Artifacts can be combined with other weapons for big effects. For example, the Firework Arrow can be combined with any ranged weapon that has the "fires multiple arrows" perk, to fire multiple firework arrows.
- It's not good to hoard low level artifacts, and it's especially not good to keep them equipped. Your artifacts do count towards your average power level. Since vendors like the Wandering Merchant and Blacksmith care about your power level, you'll want this to be as high as possible.
- The types of artifacts you unlock in Default Difficulty mode are not the full set. You'll unlock more artifacts in Adventurer and the final few when playing in Apocalypse difficulty. If you want to find all of them, you can look at our Minecraft Dungeons secret levels guide.
- DLC artifacts cannot be bought from the Wandering Merchant. You have to find them in levels.
Thanks for reading our Minecraft Dungeons artifacts guide. You'll find plenty more guides for the game in the section below, so do check them out.
- Minecraft Dungeons guide - our top 30 tips for Minecraft Dungeons
- How to play Minecraft Dungeons - learn how to play the new game from Mojang
- Minecraft Dungeons best builds - all the best builds in the game
- Minecraft Dungeons multiplayer - how to set up local and online multiplayer
- Minecraft Dungeons weapons - a full weapons list for Minecraft Dungeons
- Minecraft Dungeons armor - a full armour set list for Minecraft Dungeons
- Minecraft Dungeons enchantments - the full list of enchantments
- Minecraft Dungeons artifacts - every artifact and their effects
- Minecraft Dungeons unique items - every unique item discovered so far
- Minecraft Dungeons secret levels - item tables for every level and the secret mission location
- Minecraft Dungeons emeralds - learn how to farm emeralds.
- Minecraft Dungeons runes - Steps to find all the runes and unlock the secret cow level.
- Minecraft Dungeons Jungle Awakens - How to unlock the secret level in Minecraft Dungeons's first DLC pack.
- Minecraft Dungeons bosses - Learn the strategies to defeat all the bosses in the game.