At the top of the Baur's Reach, the highest peak in Ori And The Will Of The Wisps, Ori finally finds what he's looking for. Unfortunately, Shriek has other plans and triggers an avalanche with her noisy behaviour. He must now get down very sharpish.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Baur's Reach avalanche guide
Making it down the mountain may take a couple of goes, but it is not especially difficult. In fact, the toughest bit of the whole sequence is the first jump. As long as you know what's coming and what tricks to avoid, this should be relatively easy compared to the previous chase sequence against the tentacle monster.
The video above does go through this section step by step, but there are also some text instructions below:
- Run left and instead of jumping onto the log, double jump and glide.
- Dash to the wind and use Kuro's Feather to ride the gust upwards, avoiding the falling stalactite.
- Glide down and onto the moving rock.
- Use the lantern to rocket upwards.
- Keep running, using the spring and feather to go through the gap.
- Glide across the gap, jumping off any platforms you land on by mistake. They do disappear quickly.
- Climb up the side and dash through.
- Dive into the water and get out the other side.
- Ignore the enemy and keep running. Ori can escape by dropping down the hole.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guides series
With that moment of utter peril out of the way, it's on with the rest of the game. There are more guides readily prepared below that cover all sorts of things, from the locations of life and energy cell fragments, builds for Ori's skills, and tips for other boss fights/chase sequences.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guide - Our hub area for all of our guides for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gorlek Ore locations - Every location of the Gorlek Ore locations to rebuild the village.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations - Every location of the life cell fragments to increase your health.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations - All the places you can find energy cell fragments to raise your energy bar.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations - Places to find all the Spirit Shards in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations - All of Lupo's locations in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps quests - Every side-quest detailed from where to begin, the item you need, and the rewards you get for completing them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hand To Hand quest - Steps to finish the longest side quest.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Regrowing The Glades - Find all the seeds and replant them.
- How to solve Midnight Burrows bell puzzles - Unlock the secret area by solving the bell puzzles.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps boss guide - Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the bosses, with some general top tips for fighting them.
- Howl boss fight - How to defeat the Wolf boss.
- Horn Beetle boss fight - Learn how to squish the giant charging bug.
- Wellspring chase - Evade the mass of tentacles in this challenging chase sequence.
- Mora boss fight - Defeat the giant spider.
- Feeding Grounds stealth section - Escape the clutches of Shriek.
- Kwolok boss fight - Make that frog come to his senses.
- Sand Worm chase - Escape the crumbling ruins and the Sand Worms mandibles.
- Willow Stone - How to shatter this mini-boss with ease.
- Shriek boss fight - Beat the giant owl once and for all.