Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Wellspring chase: how to escape the tentacle monster
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps doesn't do away from the whole running away from big monsters shtick that the previous game had. In fact, the first big chase sequence has Ori running away from a monster that's pretty much just a mass of tentacles with teeth. Frankly I'm not surprised that running away from this monster is the only option.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Wellspring chase
When you reach the top of the Wellspring, Ori will be snatched by a large mass of tentacles. It looks like Ori's about to be eaten, but Opher comes to your rescue and allow you to escape. What follows is an elongated chase sequence that we will show in its entirety in the video above. However, if you are unable to view this video, here is a step by step guide to escaping the tentacle mass in the Wellspring.
- Run to the right, then double jump and dash over the big gap.
- Double jump and dash into the post. It'll fall over with you on it.
- Jump and Bash off the lantern over the spike. Land on the rotating platform.
- Double jump and dash onto the next rotating platform, then onto the log.
- Jump into the log. The spikes will drop into the gap.
- Run as the log spins and jump over the spikes when they reach near you. Keep running until the spikes break and jump through the gap.
- Jump to the lantern, bash off of it over and under the wood, then dash forward. Use the grapple ability to latch onto the spinning moss platform.
- Double jump and dash high up towards the mossy cog. Stay on it as it swings downwards.
- Use the lantern to go over the spikes.
- Jump under the ruined wooden structure, then latch upwards to the lantern. Perform a second jump forwards to reach the second lantern before the spikes touch you. Grapple up the next two lanterns.
- Keep running until you reach the giant cog. There are lanterns on the vines that you can use to bash or grapple along until you reach the other end. Run to the right to end the chase sequence.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guides series
With the final leap, you will escape and be able to continue your adventure. We have a bunch of guides readily prepared below that cover all sorts of things, from the locations of certain collectables, builds for Ori's skills, and quest solutions. We also have all the boss fight/chase sequence guides in a separate list below that.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guide - Our hub area for all of our guides for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gorlek Ore locations - All the locations of the Gorlek Ores to rebuild Wellspring Glade.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations - Every location of the life cell fragments to increase your health.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations - All the places you can find energy cell fragments to raise your energy bar.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations - Places to find all the Spirit Shards in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations - All of Lupo's locations in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps quests - Every side-quest detailed from where to begin, the item you need, and the rewards you get for completing them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hand To Hand quest - Steps to finish the longest side quest.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Regrowing The Glades - Find all the seeds and replant them.
- How to solve Midnight Burrows bell puzzles - Unlock the secret area by solving the bell puzzles.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps bosses
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps boss guide - Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the bosses, with some general top tips for fighting them.
- Howl boss fight - Avoid the claws of this beast while using fire to drive it away.
- Horn Beetle boss fight - Beat the first proper boss that you can actually fight.
- Feeding Grounds stealth section - Avoid the clutches of a giant bird in the desert.
- Mora boss fight - Defeat the giant spider.
- Baur's Reach avalanche chase - How to not get crushed beneath a torrent of snow.
- Kwolok boss fight - Make that frog come to his senses.
- Sand Worm chase - Escape the crumbling ruins and the Sand Worms mandibles.
- Willow Stone - How to shatter this mini-boss with ease.
- Shriek boss fight - Beat the giant owl once and for all.